IGNORED

Jim Jarmush is talking to you

Guest the anonymous forumite

I'm not sure I agree with all this "you gotta steal shit to be creative yo!"

I think sub-consciously we are all influenced from other work... but I prefer to keep the blindfolds on when it comes to art similar to my own... I'd rather follow my own journey and see where it takes me

Aphex was def influenced by Brian Eno. The similarities of the ambient work are too close. Even though he said in interviews he created all his music in a vacuum unaware of other people. I dont believe it

Nothing, feral children are basically animals.

Who grow into sexy Jodi Foster animals.

Chicka, chicka, chickabee. T'ee an me an t'ee an me. Ressa, ressa, ressa me, Chicka, chicka, chickabee.

it was a nell reference, i got it. it's just not a very good movie :\

It is deeply mediocre, yeah. It just-- I was on the verge of a heartfelt watmm breakthrough in admitting that I thought Jodie was the veritable sechs circa 1994, when I was 13. But the deafening silence. I feel so alone. So alone.

I'll. . . I'll show myself the :trashbear:

Eno is generally credited with coining the term "ambient music".

I know you're probably gonna say: "but Cage, Reich, Satie, Riley etc. all made this kind of music first"

But they didn't call it "ambient music" they called it musique concrete, or minimalist, or "organized sound".

Guest disparaissant

it was a nell reference, i got it. it's just not a very good movie :\

It is deeply mediocre, yeah. It just-- I was on the verge of a heartfelt watmm breakthrough in admitting that I thought Jodie was the veritable sechs circa 1994, when I was 13. But the deafening silence. I feel so alone. So alone.

I'll. . . I'll show myself the :trashbear:

no no, that's a perfectly alright thing to admit. i agree, actually. and i actually could theoretically have a chance with her :P

Archived