IGNORED

Scintilli

Guest sirch

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move of ten is not yet shipped so this will be finished before any other "big" release is going to be announced. They will not let one big release cannibalise another one

Guest sirch

So you are implying that there is never going to be a new plaid album? lol

lol, no. but no "Scintilli". ever. ever.

Guest sirch

Move of ten is not yet shipped so this will be finished before any other "big" release is going to be announced. They will not let one big release cannibalise another one

obviously. but 'they've' had plenty chance to put it out.

i give up on Scintilli.

and with talk of a 3rd Ae release this year, too?? pfft.

forget it.

warp suck these days, it has to be said.

Guest sirch

Maybe just that Scintilli is cursed

Plaids' latest albums worth of material is not cursed.. nobody can have that power! except maybe warp.. who for some reason won;t put it out!!

but maybe warp are (cursed)........ it's beginning to look that way.. yeeeeears of bad releases, imho. they're not what they used to be. and you can so oh it's releases for the times, or whatever, but the fact is... they need to be releasing more good electronic music, which they're not.. "Warp" will always comand respect as a name, but the music... it's falling by the wayside, imho... (meh)..

They may be having licensing issues since they have been doing sound tracks, which are published by a different company than warp. So perhaps they are in a lawyer/paperwork/ headache.

Guest sirch

..still, would it take 2 years to sort it all out.. ??

i don't think scintilli will be out this year, but that's just my jaded opinion.

Shame there hasn't been a 12-inch sampler during this time.. maybe those days are gone thanks to the influx of digital releasing :cry:

Guest sach29

Yep - I asked this question to Ed after a gig a couple of years back (why no 12's released) the answer was that it wasn't worth it..........

incredible to think the last one was released around 10 years ago...

Guest sirch

Shame there hasn't been a 12-inch sampler during this time.. maybe those days are gone thanks to the influx of digital releasing :cry:

i'm old fashioned and proud. there's 'owt better than vinyl of said artist. :)

we pay no thanks to he influxer of digital pony 'n trap.

I'm amazed to see so many people abandoning the 12-inch sound. Why turn your back on the best audio format ever created. Seems to me like the 'digital is the only way forward' brain washing has finally been completed thanks to Sony, Apple and other large audio corporations. Now we have electronic artists and labels thinking "it's not worth it" or just releasing a 12-inch as novelty limited piece of coloured plastic. It's no wonder why the 'so called' Indies' are confused with how to release, sell and promote music if they've bought into this strange new idea. There are so many artists and labels that have simply stopped releasing music because of this confusion. Sad to think they brought it all onto them selves. What ever happened to being independent.

Massive respect and thanks to those few labels that have not be swept along with this 'digital is the only way' bullshite route and stayed truly independent.

Massive respect and thanks to those few labels that have not be swept along with this 'digital is the only way' bullshite route and stayed truly independent.

Balkan Vinyl deserve some props for that. They release digitally, but their physical copies are vinyl with CD version included (as opposed to a download coupon type thingy). Personally I'm grateful for the availability of music digitally (to buy if it's not free, I'm not into stealing music anymore) but just as a matter of convenience due to where I'm living just now (separates and CDs/vinyls stowed elsewhere, no space for storing records etc.).

Guest ruiagnelo

it has been so long that anything that comes will sound good on my ears. that's my spirit at the moment.

Guest sirch

I'm amazed to see so many people abandoning the 12-inch sound. Why turn your back on the best audio format ever created. Seems to me like the 'digital is the only way forward' brain washing has finally been completed thanks to Sony, Apple and other large audio corporations. Now we have electronic artists and labels thinking "it's not worth it" or just releasing a 12-inch as novelty limited piece of coloured plastic. It's no wonder why the 'so called' Indies' are confused with how to release, sell and promote music if they've bought into this strange new idea. There are so many artists and labels that have simply stopped releasing music because of this confusion. Sad to think they brought it all onto them selves. What ever happened to being independent.

i totally agree mate

digital makes eveything nothing, imho

Guest sirch

Balkan Vinyl deserve some props for that. They release digitally, but their physical copies are vinyl with CD version included (as opposed to a download coupon type thingy). Personally I'm grateful for the availability of music digitally (to buy if it's not free, I'm not into stealing music anymore) but just as a matter of convenience due to where I'm living just now (separates and CDs/vinyls stowed elsewhere, no space for storing records etc.).

i agree. Balkan was a good sign........

Guest ruiagnelo

it's money in the first place mate, nothing else.

Guest sirch

so now as move of ten is off the table / shipped I am curious whats next

i actually really like move of ten now i've heared it a few times,

it sounds like an ae ep from the mid nineties that i missed ....

Guest ruiagnelo

so now as move of ten is off the table / shipped I am curious whats next

i actually really like move of ten now i've heared it a few times,

it sounds like an ae ep from the mid nineties that i missed ....

Move of Ten is great :music:

ae are still kicking!

and of course, warp records.

Guest ruiagnelo

i dont think warp are still kicking but ae definitely are! :)

of course we aren't living the 90's no more.think of the current electronic music scene, isn't warp still a great label?

you ve got ae, flying lotus, hudson mohawke, prefuse 73, bibio, squarepusher and still plaid. i think it's still one the most inovative labels ever.

Guest sirch

of course we aren't living the 90's no more.think of the current electronic music scene, isn't warp still a great label?

no not really, tbh. they've lost it, imho.

you've got flying lotus, hudson mohawke, prefuse 73, bibio,

i don't really rate these peeps at all, sorry.. i'd rather listen to the beatles. :)

Archived