IGNORED

Scintilli

Guest sirch

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

yeah, i'm not argueing with you mate, i just like to put questions out there.... and i think out loud a lot.. :)

Guest sirch

All is good, I didn't think you were arguing. We are on the same page. My use of the "read the rules" emoticon was more representative of a record label and contract. :wink:

ah, yeah, i knew that mate.. no worries there :)

so when the last ost is released there are 3 LPs released during the time the album is suposed to come out?

reminds me of duke nukem

Guest sirch

If I see them tomorrow night I'll ask them what's cracking off. Doubt I will though, and they'd likely tell me to fuck off anyway.

i doubt they would. say hello and ask them.... don't be a pussy ;)

If I see them tomorrow night I'll ask them what's cracking off. Doubt I will though, and they'd likely tell me to fuck off anyway.

nah, they're not like that. interviewed them once face to face; Ed actually. ask him. they're cool like that.

Guest sirch

nah, they're not like that. interviewed them once face to face; Ed actually. ask him. they're cool like that.

interesting! would you care to share anymore info about the interview?

cheers :)

ps. yeah, they're not like Autechre, they wouldn't tell you to fuck off! lol. they're nice guys.. not too arrogant really at all..

even though they are Gods of electronic music!

this was in 2001 for a couple of Double Figure dates in CA. ha, one question that sticks out in my mind was that i asked him about the track "Vanttool", specifically the title. Earlier in the day i'd seen the word as the name of the tour bus manufacturer they were traveling on. actually the bus company is called "VANHOOL", but by the way the logo is displayed the "H" looks like a double "t". Ed had said it was rather embarrassing when they found out what the word really was because it was obviously a Dutch name. Van Hool.

Van_Hool-logo-597CBC5368-seeklogo.com.gif

Guest ruiagnelo

ps. yeah, they're not like Autechre, they wouldn't tell you to fuck off! lol. they're nice guys.. not too arrogant really at all..

Yea. They don't seem to be like ae boys or even the mysterious Richard D. James.

spoken to Ed on two separate occasions in 2000.. real gent on both times - had to remind myself that i'd be talking to one of greatest musical minds of the modern age. Was cool back then too because not many people knew what they looked like.

Guest sirch

Yea. They don't seem to be like ae boys or even the mysterious Richard D. James.

Aphex is actually alright in person, i've met him a couple times before. ages ago. he was quite nice tbh, chat to us for ages about loads of different stuff.

he's pretty down to earth really, even though you wouldn't think it at all ! :)

dunno about ae, though.... i wouldn't even bother approaching them tbh, cos you can tell they'd just be like... errr, 'we're ae', fuck off.. lol

Guest sirch

spoken to Ed on two separate occasions in 2000.. real gent on both times - had to remind myself that i'd be talking to one of greatest musical minds of the modern age. Was cool back then too because not many people knew what they looked like.

nice one, magdog.. :)

nice one, magdog.. :)

hey sirch.. hope your well mate.

yeah, remember buying him a pint and talking about Erik Satie the first time we chatted :)

do you remember that old unofficial Plaid website (ard or something) from years ago?, had tons of Plaid info plus a few mixes with one that started with Claude Debussy then followed by Erik Satie - went into playing techno after. think i have a real crappy sounding copy on MD somewhere.. would love to hear that mix again in good quality.

do you remember that old unofficial Plaid website (ard or something) from years ago?, had tons of Plaid info plus a few mixes with one that started with Claude Debussy then followed by Erik Satie - went into playing techno after. think i have a real crappy sounding copy on MD somewhere.. would love to hear that mix again in good quality.

i know the site, Ar-Plaid, yeah. my interview appeared on that site in fact. 2001ish.

i know the site, Ar-Plaid, yeah. my interview appeared on that site in fact. 2001ish.

yes, Ar-Plaid... that's the site... thanks SPD :)

Guest sirch

hey sirch.. hope your well mate.

yeah, remember buying him a pint and talking about Erik Satie the first time we chatted :)

i'm good man thanks.. :)

i do remember that site. it was the best of the unofficials. where did it go, though? it dissapeared???

had loads of photos on it and interesting info..

i don't remember that mix, though.. but might have recorded it about the same time as you, as i had a minidisc recorder back then(as did most),

that i used to record net stuff onto aswell. never very good quality but.. it wasn't about that tho was it. it was just about just getting it, lol.

these days it's all about getting a fucking flac or wav of everything........... people are spoilt these days, imho. :)

Ar-Plaid was a excellent website, used to visit all the time.. think it vanished about 2003/04, not sure because i kept the url in my favourites list for years just in case it returned.. alas, it never did.

There were two Plaid DJ mixes if i remember, maybe on the home page; the first began classical style (Debussy/Satie) and the second had a few electro tunes with Drexciya and Anthony Rother. Both mixes similar to the 'Futura Connect Mix'.

aye, well we've had fatter the better then faster the better now it's louder the better :)

i reckon alot of the recordings nowadays are recorded for ipods and other portable mp3 players because they have a low output.. how sad is that.

Guest sirch

There were two Plaid DJ mixes if i remember, maybe on the home page; the first began classical style (Debussy/Satie) and the second had a few electro tunes with Drexciya and Anthony Rother. Both mixes similar to the 'Futura Connect Mix'.

i still love that mix (futura connnect) - takes me right back, it's a lovely mix.

if you have any other mixes, like theones above you mentioned, stick 'em on yer site mate! :)

aye, well we've had fatter the better then faster the better now it's louder the better :)

i reckon alot of the recordings nowadays are recorded for ipods and other portable mp3 players because they have a low output.. how sad is that.

yeah, that's "progress" for ya, supposedly! *cough* bullshit *cough*

tbh i don't much care about the quality, just aslong as i can hear it! lol

a good track is still a good track no matter whether it's flac, wav, mp3, a tape recording, minidisc recording, etc. etc

you could spend ages mixing and mastering something, but if it's only a pretty regular 'meh' tune in the first place, what's the point? lol

no point polishing a turd, as they say! :)

but of course, there are hardly any 'meh' Plaids tracks, that's not what i'm getting at. but y'know what i'm saying. :)

sorry.. don't have any more mixes.. wished i did !

will try and get that mix from off MD i was talking about.. mind you, the recording is pretty terrible. i'll take it round me mates house anyway as soon as i get chance and record it to CD. i'll let you know once i've uploaded it... could be weeks though mate :\

with you about record quality.. i mean it's obviously better to have a nice recording, but, it's not the main thing... just having the track to listen to is most important thing to me. saying all that, i'm from the days of old dusty tapes so i don't mind how it comes :)

Guest sirch

will try and get that mix from off MD i was talking about.. mind you, the recording is pretty terrible. i'll take it round me mates house anyway as soon as i get chance and record it to CD. i'll let you know once i've uploaded it... could be weeks though mate :\

with you about record quality.. i mean it's obviously better to have a nice recording, but, it's not the main thing... just having the track to listen to is most important thing to me. saying all that, i'm from the days of old dusty tapes so i don't mind how it comes :)

no worries about the wait mate, anytime is cool! i'll look thru all my old MD's too, if i can fine 'em!

and yeah, same here about the tapes era. i like tapes tho, still. think they're pretty cool really, tbh. and i like the hiss! :)

no worries about the wait mate, anytime is cool! i'll look thru all my old MD's too, if i can fine 'em!

and yeah, same here about the tapes era. i like tapes tho, still. think they're pretty cool really, tbh. and i like the hiss! :)

i'll get it done a.s.a.p then mate.. and whatever else i can get i'll try and share.

aye, can't beat a bit of hiss - extra atmosphere can't be a bad thing :)

Having heard so much amazing stuff in Norwich the other night, the non-appearance of Scintilli is more frustrating than ever. It feels like a mere single album will not be enough, they've obviously amassed a stupid amount of great tracks.

Guest sirch

coool, so release a double album on another label they should, hmmmm yesss?

i hope so, for Yoda's sake.

Archived