IGNORED

Scintilli

Guest sirch

Guest sirch

Scintill was finished almost 2 years ago now!

Ed said it himself in that backstage interview he did in 2008 with that guy who looked like a bird (the flying kind) and had a funny laugh..

he said they would be delivering it to Warp soon, and then completing their soundtrack album (Heaven's Door) and delivering that aswell,

..and that that would be coming out early in the new year ('09). well, Heaven's Door WAS completed and out there by Christmas 2008.

so if everything went according to plan then Scintilli was finished and delivered before Heaven's Door.... right?

so where the fuck is Scintilli!!?? lol. Have Warp REALLY been sitting on it for almost 2 fucking years!!?????? and if so, why??

*annoyed + frustrated* :angry:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

i did notice that in that Redbull Academy lecture that Steve Beckett did, he hardly said a word about Plaid when asked...

he kind of avoided the topic. so, dunno what's going on there! also, the Black Dog track he played was one of Kens'....

LOL in what Universe?? , do one, mate.... :P

in all seriousness, it should be pretty obvious that something has changed somewhere along the way.

if it is finished, i doubt Warp would sit on it for this long, simply due to the fact that they know it'd sell very well.

Guest sirch

in all seriousness, it should be pretty obvious that something has changed somewhere along the way.

if it is finished, i doubt Warp would sit on it for this long, simply due to the fact that they know it'd sell very well.

i have a feeling maybe they were asked to go back and change certain things, like with Spokes. but this time they thought, fuck that..

we've spent ages on this album and we love it how it is.... fuck reworking half of it!!! - something like that? :)

and in the mean time you've had like 2 Ae albums, more EP's, and now another 2 part album. jeeeeze. give us a break!

something has definitely gone pear shaped with Scintilli + Warp.

kinda ready for giving up the wait for it.... and getting more into new Ae and the so-called 'new' Black Dog, *shudder*. lol

i have a feeling maybe they were asked to go back and change certain things, like with Spokes. but this time they thought, fuck that..

we've spent ages on this album and we love it how it is.... fuck reworking half of it!!! - something like that? :)

and in the mean time you've had like 2 Ae albums, more EP's, and now another 2 part album. jeeeeze. give us a break!

something has definitely gone pear shaped with Scintilli + Warp.

kinda ready for giving up the wait for it.... and getting more into new Ae and the so-called 'new' Black Dog, *shudder*. lol

i doubt Warp would have the audacity to tell Plaid what to do with their album, i could be wrong, but i would've thought that Plaid had earned the right to have carte blanche on material.

The did it with afx too! remember why melodies from mars was not released? There was also this plaid release party thing that was renamed. Something strange is going on. And what abou boc??

The did it with afx too! remember why melodies from mars was not released? There was also this plaid release party thing that was renamed. Something strange is going on. And what abou boc??

BOC.jpg

Guest sirch

I think Aphex and BoC just take their time, make music when they want and Richard only releases something when he needs the money! whereas BoC are pefectionists so only release something when it's perfect, even if it takes 10 years!!!!!!

but Plaid are well productive and busy with music, soundtracks, and live gigs all the time!! Scintilli must've been finished yonks ago....

Ae are just as productive but don't do any soundtracks and hardly any live gigs, unless they're touring, but that's like once every couple of years! i just don't get why Ae's stuff is constantly pumped out there, but not Plaids' new album!!?

maybe they fell out with some peeps at Warp?????????????????

I share your frustration, it sucks not knowing what is going on. Clearly there is a problem and they are not just "sitting on it" for 2 years.

Plenty of frustration expressed in this thread too: Scintilli out in '09 (ha!)

Oh and there's nothing wrong with "new Black Dog". I may have a preference for Plaid, but that doesn't keep me from enjoying TBD's stuff.

Maybe they where pissed by having to follow warps quality control and started releasing the soundtracks. That made warp pissed too and so the album was delayed. Like afx did release the analords on rephlex because he knew he could do what ever he wanted there and didn't had to work until he got warps "ok".

Guest sirch

Oh and there's nothing wrong with "new Black Dog". I may have a preference for Plaid, but that doesn't keep me from enjoying TBD's stuff.

there's just a certain 'something' about new BD that spoils it for me. i can't really enjoy it at all. my head and principles says no.

heart wants to like it. head says fuck no!

it's not that the music is particularly bad music.... it's just 'meh'.. i find, compared to like the first 6/7 years of orig. tBd..

and i don't even want them to mimick or copy or be the same as the early 90's tBd. that shouldn't happen, and probably couldn't happen anyway.

as Ed & Andy were/are 2 out of the 3 big chunks of talent that made up tBd orig. pie of brilliance.

if new tBd made an album that was actually better than Bytes, then fair play! better than Spanners, fair play! - never, though. imho.

anyway, i really hope Scintilli gets released before the end of the year! *fingers crossed for something at least!!! even an EP*

Guest sirch

Maybe they where pissed by having to follow warps quality control and started releasing the soundtracks. That made warp pissed too and so the album was delayed. Like afx did release the analords on rephlex because he knew he could do what ever he wanted there and didn't had to work until he got warps "ok".

...they should release it with someone else then........ there's plenty of other decent labels out there!

maybe even put it out themselves????????????????

If, however, the album was recorded under contract with Warp, then Warp owns the rights to it. Maybe they are being dicks. Seems likely that's the case, I'm sure Plaid would love to just put it out there unless they decided they're not happy with it (not likely since they're always playing new stuff live).

FFS!

Guest sirch

I'm sure Plaid would love to just put it out there unless they decided they're not happy with it (not likely since they're always playing new stuff live).

FFS!

Good point mate!

i think they have it down by now.

it's really annoying. i love Ae, but c'mon... there's not been a proper Plaid album put out since 2006!!!! right?

just give us an EP taster, or something!!! and stop releasing fucking Ae stuff!! (grrrrrrrr) lol

I think it would be just as logical, if not more so, to conclude that Plaid weren't happy with Scintilli and have been tweaking or reworking it.

You think that wait is bad, Secret Chiefs 3 announced that they were just about done with "Book of Horizons" back in 2006, and each subsequent year they have been saying it'll be released that year, and then that it'd be a triple album, etc. It still hasn't come, but they've released unrelated material in the meantime. And they're releasing everything on what's basically a self-owned record label.

So hell, maybe Scintilli was finished, but Plaid went to Warp and said we want to do more, and Warp actually gave them carte blanche, and an absence, rather than an excess of control, is cause of the delay? Who knows. I mean, obviously the wait is rough (I'm not even a big Plaid fan, but it's frustrating). But if all the problems with a multi-year hold up were caused by Warp alone, I think we would have heard some pissy, if non-descriptive, grumbles from Ed & Andy by now.

Guest ruiagnelo

forget that, i want to know when Music From Cyberspace is going to come out. That shit was announced on the back of The Black Dog EP in '91 fer fuck sake :closedeyes:

Was there really a 'The Black Dog EP' in '91? And what was that Music from Cyberspace supposed to be? Can you give some more info?

I think it would be just as logical, if not more so, to conclude that Plaid weren't happy with Scintilli and have been tweaking or reworking it.

You think that wait is bad, Secret Chiefs 3 announced that they were just about done with "Book of Horizons" back in 2006, and each subsequent year they have been saying it'll be released that year, and then that it'd be a triple album, etc. It still hasn't come, but they've released unrelated material in the meantime. And they're releasing everything on what's basically a self-owned record label.

So hell, maybe Scintilli was finished, but Plaid went to Warp and said we want to do more, and Warp actually gave them carte blanche, and an absence, rather than an excess of control, is cause of the delay? Who knows. I mean, obviously the wait is rough (I'm not even a big Plaid fan, but it's frustrating). But if all the problems with a multi-year hold up were caused by Warp alone, I think we would have heard some pissy, if non-descriptive, grumbles from Ed & Andy by now.

Yea, i agree with that.

I don't think there is a problem at all. Maybe the delay will bring more that we are expecting.

At some point it just becomes ridiculous for artists to just go on tweaking their music. I understand wanting to be happy with it, but you're letting it age in the process, and the process of constantly tinkering with something can give you tunnel vision or something, where you can't tell what looks/sounds good anymore. I"m not saying that's what's happening with Plaid, but if it is, cut it out guys! :facepalm:

forget that, i want to know when Music From Cyberspace is going to come out. That shit was announced on the back of The Black Dog EP in '91 fer fuck sake :closedeyes:

Was there really a 'The Black Dog EP' in '91? And what was that Music from Cyberspace supposed to be? Can you give some more info?

Yeah well some call it Techno Playtime but it's really called The Black Dog EP. on the back of the sleeve next to the track "Seers and Sages" there's an asterisk (*), and down a little further the asterisk is defined: *from the forth coming album "MUSIC FROM CYBERSPACE."

which of course was not released but instead we get Bytes. so whatever this album was, the original plan was that "Seers and Sages" was supposed to be on it.

another interesting old Black Dog sleeve bit of info; on the back of the Parallel Squelch sleeve it says "*7 Tracks on CD." i have no idea what that pertains to because there is no asterisk above that at all. it's as though there might have been an up coming CD version of Parallel Squelch that had 7 tracks but that never got released either. i think those are all of the old sleeve oddities.

Guest sirch

LOL, i'd give up on that one mate.. :)

Guest sirch

At some point it just becomes ridiculous for artists to just go on tweaking their music. I understand wanting to be happy with it, but you're letting it age in the process, and the process of constantly tinkering with something can give you tunnel vision or something, where you can't tell what looks/sounds good anymore. I"m not saying that's what's happening with Plaid, but if it is, cut it out guys! :facepalm:

I totally agree.

but i don't think they're tinkering with or tweaking it at all, i think it's done already. ages ago.

continuous tweaking and uncertainty and umming and erring is what youths go through with their early tracks.

it's not really what masters do.... is it? i don't think so.

Plaid must have their arrangements and production down to a T... (20+ years experience) !!

unless in the last year they've done a tonne of acid or mushrooms and developed a whole new process, lol, which would be interesting! :)

Archived