IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conor74

This is Scottish Graeme Souness on Irish TV talking about England in the World Cup. I call utter bollocks on the whole thing.

In fairness, it is a former player, manager and World Cup player giving his opinion on a forum where he can finally be honest - as opposed to the pap and drivel he spouts when he sits beside Jamie 'eee done good, the lads was triffic' Redknapp on Sky. On Irish telly, it is clear that he finds the free range to criticise pretty liberating, I mean he can hardly tell viewers on Sky that they are being screwed if they are paying money to watch teams like Hull, Burnley and Portsmouth. And few things are more excruciating than watching an intelligent man talking shit because he cannot say what he wants to say.

Let's face it, some of the analysis on English television is jaw droppingly bad, as Lawrenson, Hansen, Shearer and co. squirm and try to avoid calling it as it is, which is that England have been completely shit in their two games so far and their so called superstars have been utter crocks. When was the last time an English analyst has admitted that Rooney and Lampard should get their holes kicked and told to cop on, and Capello has blown it so far? Apparently some even said Gerrard did well aginst the USA!

Well, Poor RSA - even though you managed to trouce FAILnce, you're still not advancing. MEX better get their shit together, and I am indeed impressed with URG's performances so far.

Guest Rambo

Apparently some even said Gerrard did well aginst the USA!

Yes that was me. He did do well against the USA. Man of the match i think was what i said.

Yes that's right.

I wont bother to address your post in full as you are hopelessly Irish and i would be giving you far too much credit.

Guest Ominous

Damn guille franco can't do anything right, i have no idea why they keep trusting him to play. plus, it is also questionable to have Blanco start the match as captain, and why to take out guardado when he was playing great?.

just one awful defensive mistake and very questionable tactical decisions lost this game for mexico.

Barrera was the man, dos Santos tried a few thing but didn't do much.

yeah i especially wouldn't trust Franco against his former countrymen; i bet they'd get to him real fast and he'd do something stupid...

bring on the Args, let's get this over with.. :dry:

Guest Rambo

I don't think he was too bad either, Glen Jo was probably MOTM

let's get tomorrow over with already

Yeah i agree Johnson was very good but Gerrard had the edge for me because of the goal and what would have been a great assist had Rooney been half an inch taller.

Thank you Yakubu

Guest Conor74

I wont bother to address your post in full as you are hopelessly Irish and i would be giving you far too much credit.

:biggrin:

Okay, I will be nice and succumb to English tv analysis...

I done good

Eeee done good

The lad Gerrard done good

We done good

Yeee done good

The boys done good

I was triffic

Eeee was triffic

The lad Gerrard was triffic

etc. et.

Repeat ad nauseum and get your job as a pundit on Sky...

Has anyone on English tv ever said anything controversial about the national side? Ever?

Guest Rambo

:biggrin:

Okay, I will be nice and succumb to English tv analysis...

I done good

Eeee done good

The lad Gerrard done good

We done good

Yeee done good

The boys done good

I was triffic

Eeee was triffic

The lad Gerrard was triffic

etc. et.

Repeat ad nauseum and get your job as a pundit on Sky...

Has anyone on English tv ever said anything controversial about the national side? Ever?

Yes.

Anything else?

You'll be doing what they are next week, might as well learn

nah, i don't think so. watch the mex - arg game of the last world cup.

mex has a chance if they stop fucking up so much.

anyway we should thank argentina for putting the greeks out of the cup.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

can commentators no longer legally discuss the other matches being played simultaneously?

i switched over from argentina at 0-0 to watch nigeria and they didn announce the score once in the other game. at the end the koreans were very happy and i had no idea why as i thought they'd just gone home. was wondering why they weren't attacking.

fucking commentators on epsn suck

so

agrentina vs mexico

korea vs uraguay

right?

Guest Alex C

I'd be amazed if you got anything from it, especially the way Messi is playing. Boy is way way way too close to scoring a shitload

can commentators no longer legally discuss the other matches being played simultaneously?

i switched over from argentina at 0-0 to watch nigeria and they didn announce the score once in the other game. at the end the koreans were very happy and i had no idea why as i thought they'd just gone home. was wondering why they weren't attacking.

fucking commentators on epsn suck

so

agrentina vs mexico

korea vs uraguay

right?

espn in the states? cause they were giving score updates as often as they could! derek rae annouced every single goal, as did adrian healey. (I had two tvs on :rolleyes:)

so glad greece are out with their fucking anti-football. they ruined one tournament already with that shit, then they ruined a whole economy with their shit and thankfully they couldn't ruin one more tournament. good riddens.

Archived