IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Makinami

I'll say it again (and this match reaffirms it for me): Spain vs. Germany for the Final.

Too bad they will meet in the semis (I hope) :rolleyes:

Guest Mirezzi

I'll say it again (and this match reaffirms it for me): Spain vs. Germany for the Final.

lol, you need a new bracket, dummy

It's very possible that a team could be beaten 5-0 or 6-0 in the quarterfinals of this tournament.

Sorry, but Paraguay are fucking awful. Paraguay and Slovakia = Nice job, Italy.

I don't think Spain has reached cruising speed yet though. Torres' form is worrying if del Bosque will keep him in the starting squad. At this point, I see them creating much more chances and magic with Fabregas, Xavi and Iniesta on midfield and Villa to finish it off.

Yeah, dunno what I was thinking - no way BOTH of them can advance. One or the other. I say Germany.

It's very possible that a team could be beaten 5-0 or 6-0 in the quarterfinals of this tournament.

Yeah, see above :facepalm: - It'll be Brazil and Germany, with Germany taking the Cup.

Yeah, dunno what I was thinking - no way BOTH of them can advance. One or the other. I say Germany.

Yeah, see above :facepalm: - It'll be Brazil and Germany, with Germany taking the Cup.

:facepalm: Dude, only Brazil could possibly beat Argentina right now, check out the World Cup statistics on fifa.com...With Germany it's gonna be another one-team match like yesterdays Spain vs Portugal, Messi probably won't score again but they'll beat the shit out of germans and that is a fact.

:facepalm: Dude, only Brazil could possibly beat Argentina right now, check out the World Cup statistics on fifa.com...With Germany it's gonna be another one-team match like yesterdays Spain vs Portugal, Messi probably won't score again but they'll beat the shit out of germans and that is a fact.

Statistics... 'nuff said. Time will tell if you or I are right.

Guest stabilo

argentina are pretty solid team in defence and midfield

and then they attack with the likes of messi, de maria, tevez or higuain

too powerful side

germany come with a young team, playing excellent fast attacking football

it will be a huge test for both, but if I had to bet my money I would do it for argentina

brazil are nowhere near the great brazil of the 60s, no magic in their game, but they hardly concede a goal chance to their rivals, and then they are fast on the wings for the counter attack (robinho and maicon)

only kaka is underperforming, and he would add some of that brazilian magic if he were on his level

anyway even brazil are strong favourites, they now face the netherlands, a team that know how to play the game... with robben, sneijder, van persie... great great attack

if I had to make a guess for the semifinals it would be:

uruguay - brazil

argentina - spain

and I quite see a brazil-argentina final which would be mouthwatering as much as I desire spain to get there

as for spain I wouldnt be surprised to see them choke against paraguay

Brazil to win handily - although they haven't faced a real test until the Netherlands...

I don't agree that Argentina's defence is that solid - I think they can be picked apart by better quality passers. Spain might just nip them in the semis (assuming Argentina beat Germany, which I think they can) - they are excellent defensively and very disciplined (also amazed that they made it to the round of 16 without picking up a yellow, the way officials were handing them out). I think Torres starts against Paraguay, he was better against Portugal. I wouldn't choose him myself, but I think del Bosque keeps him in the side.

Germany is also suspicious defensively, fucks sake even England managed to score twice against them :ok:

Ozil is good, but not that good. They key will be how the argies deal with Klose's movement, especially off the ball.

No one rates the Black Stars? lol that will be a fun match though - Ghanaian craziness vs Uruguay's polished style.

Two very tasty semi-finals (Bra-Ned/Arg-Ger), and two that will be who knows what. I think that paraguay will play to reach pens, and who the fuck knows what Ghana will do.

Also: how the fuck has Mascherano only managed to pick up one yellow card?

Two very tasty semi quarter-finals (Bra-Ned/Arg-Ger), and two that will be who knows what. I think that paraguay will play to reach pens, and who the fuck knows what Ghana will do.

fixed

Guest Jimbob

Can't see Germany getting much out of the Argentina game to be honest....they were just made to look brilliant by the Australians and English :facepalm:

Two very tasty semi quarter-finals (Bra-Ned/Arg-Ger), and two that will be who knows what. I think that paraguay will play to reach pens, and who the fuck knows what Ghana will do.

fixed

LOL derrrr getting ahead of myself...

Can't see Germany getting much out of the Argentina game to be honest....they were just made to look brilliant by the Australians and English :facepalm:

Germany are decent in attack, and it's all centered around Klose's movement. He drops deep and drags one of the centre-backs with him, which leaves big holes for Podolski to run into, and then he follows up. I agree that Argentina are the stronger side, but they don't have a brilliant defense, and their keeper is not the greatest shot stopper...he looks shaky as fuck at times. And remember the 2006 world cup....they met in the quarters then, and Argentina was "in form" then. I think it will be a good match...

Argentina's keeper looked positively hilarious against the Mexicans. The Germans will more than certainly test him.

And this is why 'ARG' will be ironically apropos come their match with GER :emotawesomepm9:

Archived