IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

World Cup Review.

Best Player: Thomas Muller

Best Team: Germany (They played the best football in my opinion)

Best Goal: Mr.Giovanni van Bronckhorst VS Uruguay

Best Game: Uruguay Vs Germany

Worst Player: Kim Jong-il

Worst Team: tie - Italy , France

Worst Game: Spain VS Chile

Overall this World Cup was very average , some games were the Cure for Insomnia , + the wrong team won. 7/10

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

Best Player: Sergio Ramos

Best Team: Spain(much as i dont like the style, its effective)

Best Goal: 4:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxadaNUedRE

Best Game: Uruguay Vs Ghana(best 5 minutes of football in years, worth the previous shit 115 minutes)

Worst Player: Wayne Rooney (he was like a pinball bumper)

Worst Team: tie - France

Worst Game: Where do you start

Wasnt a great world cup, but thats the way footballs been going for about a decade, 5 in midfield and stop the opposition from playing. The right team won.

Last swipe at England. No way they underperformed, they got just as far as they could. England are shit and will be shit for years to come. FACT.

It's not that the English side is shit. The players in it are all amazingly talented footballers. The problem is they all play in the premiership (which is the toughest competition to play in), and are never exposed to other styles of play.

Look at the ballers who never showed up during this world cup...barring Kaka and Messi the ones who never delivered came mostly from the premiership. They're exhausted and probably injured. Anyone who's seen Rooney play regularly knows that his touch is a thousand times better than what was on display in the World Cup. Van Persie, Evra, etc.

And I mean let's face it, if we'd had James in the net against the yanks, that ball never reaches the back of the net.

My picks:

Best Player - tough call but I have to give it to Pig Mounter. He controlled the german midfield beautifully and was a positive contribution in any match he played in.

Best goal - toss up between Forlan's free kick against Ghana or his volley against Germany. Watch them here and here respectively (for added fun, watch world cup videos in vuvuzela mode)

Best diver - C. Ronaldo. What a waste of talent.

Worst side - France lol

Worst goal - Robert Green's toss of the ball into his own net.

It's not that the English side is shit. The players in it are all amazingly talented footballers. The problem is they all play in the premiership (which is the toughest competition to play in), and are never exposed to other styles of play.

Yet Spain only had players from the La Liga and seemed to do just fine. I don't buy it. The English footballers might be talented, but I think the main problem is mental and their attitude. They get their dicks sucked for months prior to the WC and start thinking they are the best ever and then reality kicks in and they can't cope.

Yet Spain only had players from the La Liga and seemed to do just fine. I don't buy it. The English footballers might be talented, but I think the main problem is mental and their attitude. They get their dicks sucked for months prior to the WC and start thinking they are the best ever and then reality kicks in and they can't cope.

Torres, Fabregas, (and pepe reina..lol) played in the premiership. Look at their showings.

Guest Mirezzi

Later footage showed the two of them patting themselves as in "great move"! Uh, I've never seen that happen anywhere in America or have I just not watched enough?

That was Iniesta and Heitinga. It was the result of Iniesta going down in the box from a clean tackle. That wasn't nearly as "I love you, man!" of a moment as you might think. Probably more like, "Fuck you, Inny, get up and run along now."

Guest Mirezzi

Best Player - I think the Golden Ball winner would have also been my choice. Uruguay made it to the semifinals *gasp* and without Forlan, they'd have been lucky to escape their group.

Best Goal - Forlan's volley or the Suarez bender against South Korea

Best Diver - Definitely Robben; in fact, without his diving against Brazil, the Dutch don't make it to the semifinals

Worst Side - France w/ plenty of competition from Italy. The only thing that saves Italy from Worst is their last 20 minutes against Slovakia and the OMG goal from Quagliarella.

Worst Goal - Fuck me, is there any point of even talking about it?

Anybody wanna get the ball rolling on their 2010 World Cup Starting Eleven?

the best thing for spain was losing to the swiss because that caused every decent team to try counterattack football on them and basically tuning every match into a coinflip. not to say spain didn't deserve it because they won all their games well, and playing nice football, but i definitely think they weren't the best team in the cup, germany could've done more for sure against sapin, one can only wonder why they decided to play like that versus spain.

uruguay as good as they were they were also a bit lucky, they got relatively easy matches in the rounds of eight and four, it's sad to think that mexico could've been there, if only aguirre wasn't such a stubborn coward...

and i forgot anything else i had to say about this cup so that's it.

Guest stabilo

spain was without a doubt the best team in the tournament

germany looked good, but spain totally overplayed them

spain was the best and they ended champions

the fact that every team wanted to play spain on counter attack caused short results (1-0) but the truth is that spain dominated its games in the knockout stages (in the preliminary group they really suffered against chile)

• 2 months later...

Archived