IGNORED

The Gasman

skotosa

And should be praised. If you haven't heard much from the arts of this talented man, might I suggest starting off with a fine case of Citrimax topped off with some Chuff while listening to your Broken CD Player ended by a nice batch of Electric Coconut. Then burn off all those calories whie you Flounce on your Trampoline while having taken Imodium as you prepare for the Ice Dance. Just be sure not to get a Blister in the process ;)

Guest Coalbucket PI

Bought his Remedial album years ago, its cool but a little bit scrappy and disjointed

I've found all his albums to be like this, but usually in a good way. Always got some time for some Gasman. Wonder if he's still releasing those two albums this year that he posted about here?

sometimes i feel like gases trac's sound a bit incomplete and put together with to much haste (he puts out alot of albums-bless his little heart).

for the most part though-i'm a big fanboy-here are a few albums of his that really stand out for me.

thisonesforyou_lg.jpg

remedial_lg.jpg

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I'd say Superlife was his most fully realised album, sounds like a lot more effort went into that. I think the scrappiness is part of his music's charm though. I have missed him being so prolific of late.

I think he's on par with ceephax with his composition skills although I wish some of the production had a bit more bite

I read somewhere that he only uses some crappy laptop to make his toonz

Guest Jimbob

Never really got into his tunes, but got this one lying around from 4/5 years back....it's a beauty!

Guest Smuckers

"Creampie" and "Gash 2" are the only tracks of his I've liked. every now and then i check another album of his out and i'm left ultimately a little more disappointed by him.

I could never get into him. I had This One's for You and The Grand Electric Palace of Variety but both left me nearly completely unsatisfied. I think Palace was the better of the two, or less meh I should say.

I think he's on par with ceephax with his composition skills although I wish some of the production had a bit more bite

I read somewhere that he only uses some crappy laptop to make his toonz

I've been a fan of Mr. Reeves for years and love just about everything he does, but I agree that sometimes his production could use some more punch (especially in the kicks). Anyone that makes loopy haunted rave carnival jazz is good in my book.

Currently rocking out to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTCPs5EZ75E

• 4 weeks later...

Finally heard Remedial for the first time, it's really good. Just started "001" a few minutes ago. So far the first two tracks are great.

It's strange, I really can't tell just by listening which of his tunes are older or newer. I consider this a good thing because it seems to show that his songs aren't just a product of the time period they were made in. I really love all the reverb in his stuff too.

• 5 months later...

Archived