IGNORED

Has anyone had anger management therapy?

impakt

people on average are no more or less shit than you are. Does it matter to you if johnny inbred sitting next to you on the bus can't spell when he's texting? If someone cuts you off while walking, does it make a difference beyond a half a second of your day? No. Why let them bother you. Then they've won.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A psychologist once told me to be less self-centered. I got extremely pissed off at her and decided I'd never go back to see her ever again. But she was right. Try to step outside of yourself and don't always approach situations as how they affect only you. Also, try being more empathetic. We are all human and all have complex emotions and mental processes. Sometimes we're so caught up with ourselves that we don't see the world for what it really is.

Just remember that anger is useless. Aggression is an impulse. It doesn't help. It reinforces you to respond the same way in the future. Try to recognize all these things when you're angry. It's true that some anger can be good, though, if you put it towards constructing something. I usually try to channel my anger and turn it into passion. But sometimes you just need an emotional outburst.

Good post. The way I try to get around anger (and I can only try, because I am, and we, are all just human, prone to emotional irrationalities) is for me to try and understand a problem I face in life, and rather than get angry with the problem, I try and understand how the problem came to be, and just generally learn from the experience. There's processes and causes as to why a problem occurs in all our lives - it's best to attempt to understand it to see how it came about and try and suppress the anger. Obviously, it's easier said than done.

anger as an emotion isn't bad by itself, the important and problematic thing is what's causing it in the 1st place: your own perception & interpretation of reality. stating that interpretation as clear as you can, and thinking thoroughly about it, might help you in finding a different perspective, thus modifying your emotional response.

anger as an emotion isn't bad by itself, the important and problematic thing is what's causing it in the 1st place: your own perception & interpretation of reality. stating that interpretation as clear as you can, and thinking thoroughly about it, might help you in finding a different perspective, thus modifying your emotional response.

Yes, you'll only become as angry as you allow yourself to become.

Guest Scrambled Ears

are you sleeping ok?

how much coffee do you drink?

anything recreational you could cut down on?

Those are not the issue. The issue is my burning hatred for the human kind and all the sub-human shitters around me that can't meet any standards of decency.

They are dumb, illiterate, slow, retarded, annoying shits.

Get angry at the social system they are conditioned by. Don't target the individual.

fuck off. whatever happened to personal responsibility?

you can't blame your parents forever.

fucking amen

Archived