IGNORED

i am investigating la roux's influences

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

what are your thoughts on yazoo, erasure, depeche mode, the human league, heaven 17 or blancmange

specifically erasure as i downloaded all the others' discographies and plan to reach my own conclusions

Guest tht tne

Tiffany and Hall & Oates? :emotawesomepm9:

you got me chassis that was a good one i want to pet you on your little head and feed you a leaf :koala:

Guest disparaissant

i could wax poetic about how and why all those groups influenced her sound but i think it can best be summed up as "mash everyone you mentioned (and a few others) together, add a liberal dose of chiptunes and BAM la roux!"

i loves it though.

also, if you had not seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGj_rzDHzw

(not as good as little boots with numan tho)

Guest tht tne

i could wax poetic about how and why all those groups influenced her sound but i think it can best be summed up as "mash everyone you mentioned (and a few others) together, add a liberal dose of chiptunes and BAM la roux!"

i loves it though.

also, if you had not seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGj_rzDHzw

(not as good as little boots with numan tho)

is little boots quality? i d/led hands... also d/led florence + the machine's lungs... just catching up to 2009

Guest tht tne

Someone really needs to show her a mirror though. Her hair is shocking!

yeah i am pretty much over her hairstyle... she is prooty hot though and has pipes... 1,000% cutie patooty

Guest disparaissant

little boots and florence are great. little boots is a bit more straight pop, but definitely solid stuff.

her hairstyle is cool but i agree that its kind of "yeah we get it, you have crazy hair" at this point. it's okay to change it up every once in a while, girl!

what are your thoughts on yazoo, erasure, depeche mode, the human league, heaven 17 or blancmange

i think that they are all better than la roux because they were (not/less) soulless automatons whose output was not dictated by record company executives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcF6NIqn_X4

Guest tht tne

i'm trying to work up the cojones to at the variety playhouse shout "marry me, elly!" during a quiet moment

Guest disparaissant

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1SS7owyLbw

throw in a SID chip and a bit more enthusiasm and voila, la roux.

probably my favorite human league song, too.

re: kaini, she's popular therefore she must have no soul! sound logic.

also i was confused as my name is rather close to elly and some people call me that and i forgot that was la roux's name hurf durf i should sleep.

omg she's a girl with a half-decent voice who likes 80s synthpop

is this a license for every girl with a half-decent voice who likes 80s synthpop to churn out crappy records?

she should be a 'featuring la roux' on some record, at best. yuck.

Guest disparaissant

omg she's a girl with a half-decent voice who likes 80s synthpop

is this a license for every girl with a half-decent voice who likes 80s synthpop to churn out crappy records?

she should be a 'featuring la roux' on some record, at best. yuck.

if i had a half decent voice i'd churn one out just to spite you

Someone really needs to show her a mirror though. Her hair is shocking!

yeah i am pretty much over her hairstyle... she is prooty hot though and has pipes... 1,000% cutie patooty

Seriously? Wow, I really think she is horrible looking. Im surprised, your avatar is fucking awesome :emotawesomepm9:

Guest disparaissant

Is she like Tilda Swinton's daughter or something?

the product of a secret love between tilda swinton and conan o'brien, if anything.

Pretty much, any of those beat La Roux themselves hands down.

The Human League - Reproduction, Travelogue, Dare and Love & Dancing are the albums you need. The first two are before they went so commercial with Martyn Ware and Ian Craig Marsh on board instead of the girls and the other blokes at the back not doing much, though the last two are still very very good albums. Travelogue is my fave out of the four.

Heaven 17 - Penthouse & Pavement is all you need, I find everything else too cheesy.

Blancmange - Happy Families is a good album, Living On The Ceiling is a classic.

Depeche Mode - First two albums are brilliant, I never really got into the later stuff when they went all political. There's a live set at Crocs floating out there as well which is well worth downloading.

Yazoo - Upstairs At Eric's is the best out of the two albums and has all the hits on really.

Erasure - Never gotten into them, though if Vince Clarke is chief songwriter, the duo's stuff is probably gonna be pretty good.

Definitely check out:

John Foxx (if Metamatic's too cold for you, try The Garden and The Golden Section)

Japan (probably the most forgotten band of that time and probably the most innovative, David Sylvian's solo material isn't the same in my opinion)

Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark (their first four albums are killer)

Simple Minds (Empires & Dance, Sons & Fascination and Sister Feeling Call are all brilliant, "intellectual kraut-synth-funk" albums that, like Japan in my opinion, are hugely overlooked)

Ultravox (The albums with John Foxx are brilliant, though perhaps falling more into New Wave and Punk at times, and so are the albums with Midge Ure. Rage In Eden, Vienna and Systems Of Romance are must haves.)

I dunno who she is, but from watching that video of her with Heaven 17 performing Temptation, she seesm like someone who takes synth pop way too seriously.

Pretty much, any of those beat La Roux themselves hands down.

The Human League - Reproduction, Travelogue, Dare and Love & Dancing are the albums you need. The first two are before they went so commercial with Martyn Ware and Ian Craig Marsh on board instead of the girls and the other blokes at the back not doing much, though the last two are still very very good albums. Travelogue is my fave out of the four.

Heaven 17 - Penthouse & Pavement is all you need, I find everything else too cheesy.

Blancmange - Happy Families is a good album, Living On The Ceiling is a classic.

Depeche Mode - First two albums are brilliant, I never really got into the later stuff when they went all political. There's a live set at Crocs floating out there as well which is well worth downloading.

Yazoo - Upstairs At Eric's is the best out of the two albums and has all the hits on really.

Erasure - Never gotten into them, though if Vince Clarke is chief songwriter, the duo's stuff is probably gonna be pretty good.

Definitely check out:

John Foxx (if Metamatic's too cold for you, try The Garden and The Golden Section)

Japan (probably the most forgotten band of that time and probably the most innovative, David Sylvian's solo material isn't the same in my opinion)

Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark (their first four albums are killer)

Simple Minds (Empires & Dance, Sons & Fascination and Sister Feeling Call are all brilliant, "intellectual kraut-synth-funk" albums that, like Japan in my opinion, are hugely overlooked)

Ultravox (The albums with John Foxx are brilliant, though perhaps falling more into New Wave and Punk at times, and so are the albums with Midge Ure. Rage In Eden, Vienna and Systems Of Romance are must haves.)

I pretty with pretty much everything there, nice to see some recognition for Japan and the early Simple Minds stuff. I do like The Luxury Gap by Heaven 17 though, just the right side of cheesy for me. I'm a big fan of Construction Time Again, Some Great Reward and Black Celebration by DM as well. Never been a fan of Erasure but I respect the fact that they put out so much popular and well-crafted music while staying with what at their height was still an independenent label (as did Depeche Mode).

Got this single a little while ago after a nudge from Mr. Jupp, it's superb.

Archived