IGNORED

Mastodon - Jonah Hex EP

jules

I know nothing about this. But I like Mastodon, so, cool.

they were originally hired to score the whole film. i guess the director is a huge mastodon fan and did a lot of the screenplay while listening to blood mountain. (?) then there was a lot of redtape and they had to rewrite a lot of stuff and yadda yadda yadda, there is a 4 or 5 track ep coming out soon. there is a link to a song from it in the above link but i cant get it to play...

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yeh Mastodon can fucking jam the fuck out with their clams out. I don't mind their vocals and I understand the direction but I definitely would like all nearly all their songs to be instrumental. I like the vocal style on Leviathan a lot but still wouldn't be disappointed if it were instrumental. They really stepped it up vocally on Crack The Skye and it helps portray the crazy concept of the album but I don't love the vocals to death. I would really like to listen to that album as an instrumental in its entirety .

I think they actually did release an instrumental version of crack the skye

Really? Crazy. When I showed that album to my friend the first time he said he would like to hear the same album without the vocals. I guess it would still hold up pretty well. I'll have to let him know it may well be out there. I really like the vocals on that album personally, but it seems to be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

oh cool I will have to get at that, I thought they only released 2 tracks instrumental on skye

Yea I may try to find it later too. I wiill let you know if I get it. You should check out this little ep if you them them. It's nice.

Archived