IGNORED

Rediscovering soulseek

Guest the anonymous forumite

Guest chunky

hehe

some classic times been had there

who remembers when it was only one chatroom?

quite good/sht in those days

after audiogalaxy went pants it was the only alternative

who remembers this:

hi nir!!!

all the fake versions of drukqs when it came out

demanding new ceephax every day

arguing in planet-mu chatroom

rampage in Lobby chatrzone once in a while

ne1 remember these guys? testic, who, nir, jetpacks bloke, WAR WASH ???

best thing to do is join the chatroom of the music u want, then just bring the rape and d/l everything of the one wth fast connection hehe

i am a shovel HEHE :-D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

Users who sign out while I'm downloading an album from them are one of my ultimate pet peeves. Otherwise there's pretty much nothing to complain about Soulseek.

hehe

some classic times been had there

who remembers when it was only one chatroom?

quite good/sht in those days

after audiogalaxy went pants it was the only alternative

who remembers this:

hi nir!!!

all the fake versions of drukqs when it came out

demanding new ceephax every day

arguing in planet-mu chatroom

rampage in Lobby chatrzone once in a while

ne1 remember these guys? testic, who, nir, jetpacks bloke, WAR WASH ???

best thing to do is join the chatroom of the music u want, then just bring the rape and d/l everything of the one wth fast connection hehe

i am a shovel HEHE :-D

I so dearly miss the breakcore room 2k4ish :( :wub:

Made a handful of friends that I still talk to regularly, despite not using slsk since leaving windoze land behind.

Good times, maybe I'll give it another go... though I quite remember the community aspect of it having gone to shite last I looked :\

Guest chunky

what happened now is the communites all went to passworded protected chatrooms

less disruption, more boring though

1 guy pissing off the whole chatzone brings unity

now theres less Us VS Them mentality maybe

basically we should make a new chatroom hehe

or hijack another

anyone for a 'braindance' chatroom?

Guest ms-dos

it went from being my most-used application to me not even bothering with a desktop shortcut when i got a mac. i ended up downloading ssX but it was really buggy and the community had disappeared. i never bother with it anymore because i can find everything much faster on mediasites, but my soulseek years are fondly remembered.

make sure you get 157 NS 13e

forward your ports

wish list is useful

right click download folder

enjoy chats with users who are bad at english

Right click download folder is very important! I used to download the files individually :facepalm: for a long time and lots of people gave me shit for it.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Who wants to give me tips on organizing? At the moment im going with genre>artist>album.

drive:\music\alphanumeric character\artist name\album

sometimes, if someone has a lot of musical projects

drive:\music\alphanumeric character\artist's real name\artist name\album

Guest Richy

Yeah, I love SoulSeek.

I use it to download all my music.

Anyone who uses any-other downloading program is dumb....

lol

Guest Hanratty

what happened now is the communites all went to passworded protected chatrooms

less disruption, more boring though

1 guy pissing off the whole chatzone brings unity

now theres less Us VS Them mentality maybe

basically we should make a new chatroom hehe

or hijack another

anyone for a 'braindance' chatroom?

i would be down for a sisk community as I am just floating around. used to do sisk much more but took a break and all my old contacts are gone/i forget the names.

Users who sign out while I'm downloading an album from them are one of my ultimate pet peeves. Otherwise there's pretty much nothing to complain about Soulseek.

i try not to do that to others but i'm constantly getting something uploaded to someone so it's very hard not to

Guest mikew5th

i hadn't used it in quite awhile since i switched to osx and ssx and solarseek sucked

but after reading this, i decided to see if there was anyhting new for us apple users, and found the following, isoul

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/dlpage.php?id=75065876&db=mac&pid=75065876&kind=&lnk=http%3A%2F%2Fisoul.googlecode.com%2Ffiles%2FiSoul_alpha_0.3.4.zip

working great so far

• 3 weeks later...

quick question: when you get an "error in trying to get file list", is it the user fault ?

Guest enxyme

I like it well enough...

Theirs some serious collectors on there with ultra rare stuff... vinyl rips and such...

Some times it's too tempting to que up something rare from someone with a slow connection and you have to baby sit

a download for days... But usually it's worth it...

Guest disparaissant

i forgot about it completely until i couldn't find this album i really wanted to find... it wasn't on what.cd and i couldn't even find samples of any of the tracks and i wasn't about to try to back-order it from the one dodgy supplier i could find that had it, and lo and behold, a 160 kbps copy on slsk.

i <3 slsk.

(the album wasn't as good as i thought it would be, unfortunately, and thus not worthy of my meagre wealth, but still)

i forgot about it completely until i couldn't find this album i really wanted to find... it wasn't on what.cd and i couldn't even find samples of any of the tracks and i wasn't about to try to back-order it from the one dodgy supplier i could find that had it, and lo and behold, a 160 kbps copy on slsk.

i <3 slsk.

(the album wasn't as good as i thought it would be, unfortunately, and thus not worthy of my meagre wealth, but still)

boc12_acid.jpg

quick question: when you get an "error in trying to get file list", is it the user fault ?

I've never used Soulseek but use DC++ for everything. Anyone else use DC? By the sounds of things they're pretty much identical apps.

DC++ is great, by the way.

I used to use DC++ all the time, but I haven't touched it since '05 or so. It was great if you belonged to a few communities that used it extensively. Wouldn't play nice with a router update, for some reason, and I just gave up on account of the hassle.

Either that or you havent got port forwarding set up right, I think. I have the same problem so I looking for an answer too.

Either that or you havent got port forwarding set up right, I think. I have the same problem so I looking for an answer too.

Yeah I was wondering because I get that often, and I'm suspecting some dishonest trick of users not willing to share.

soulseek is pretty great. it must have been something like 2003-2004 when the slsk records people were putting together interesting comps (the 1-minute/contribution hand-off collab was cool). + bullshitting with KiloWatts in the soulseek artists chat was good times.

Guest Scrambled Ears

If you can't tell by listening, then there's no problem.

If you don't have a known legit copy to compare it to, how can you tell?

if a tree falls in the forest...

fyi mac users...get isoul not ssx...much better + give some support/donate so we can see a beta of this awesome project!

Guest disparaissant

i <3 slsk.

boc12_acid.jpg

it was actually stars in battledress - secrets and signals

one or two good tracks, nothing too special overall though. i can live with those two tracks at 160kbps, sorry larcombe bros.

Archived