IGNORED

Decibel Festival 2010 - Seattle USA

Guest spike

Guest spike

29860_394360337373_88863897373_4337713_128102_n.jpg

woot! after a refreshing pilgrimage to MOVEMENT last month,, I am ready for another fantastic line up and groove mission!

who else is in?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Retrig

Please convince me to go to this. Who should I be familiarizing myself with?

Edit: I know Plastician but that's about it.

Guest spike

woooooo,, let me see this is what convinced me to drive up:

Mortiz Von Oswald Trio ( saw them in Detroit @ Movement,,, killed it, check out the album Vertical Ascent)

Grouper ( she opened for animal collective last year, so i got to see her twice and will see her again on this friday- ambient, guitar drone, she sings softly)

Carl Craig ( check out More Songs about Food and Revolutionary Art LP , has so many fantastic 12')

Murcof ( bad ass ambient/video artist from mexico,, it is going to be a highlight)

Fennesz (ambient master!)

Lusine ( IDM bliss)

Pezzner ( house music master blaster,, one half of the infamous Jacob London )

Monty Luke (more new detroit new wave fabs,, saw him jam it hard this weekend at a campout!)

and shit almost forgot,, Modeselektor !!! hyperhypegrindbassbeats and fun times,,

the best thing about these types of festivals is that you can trust that the unknown artists are gonna be really good considering the heavy's are awesome,, discovery is the best reason to go. And all the above are really good on tape but a million times better live.

--------i just saw that you live in Seattle,,, you gotta go man!!!!

I'll make a mix of some stuff this week!

holy fuck! I'd love to go, but traveling to seattle from here is hella expensive. I wish they'd book me to play an 8 hour liveset in the toilets or something. Yes, that's it... I must offer this free service to more festivals and venues.

Back to the topic at hand:

Amazing lineup. drool drool drool.

Oh fuck me...perhaps I should go. I've yet to go since I'v lived here. Nice to see Lorn and Machinedrum on there. I honestly don't know or don't listen to many of the others.

The venues seem different from previous years. I'll be more centrally located by then so I'll probably try to make it to a few. There's even a boat cruise! :lol:http://www.dbfestival.com/islander-boat-cruise/

Guest Retrig

I tell you what, I can't really be bothered just yet to research the artists but let me know which ones you locals are going to go see and I will meet up with you. :beer:

Damnmmmnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iiiitttttt!!!!!

I'm going to be leaving Seattle, headed back to college on Sept 20th. Miss it by mere days.

Modeselektor, Pantha du Prince, Lusine, Gold Panda would be a real treat.

Guest Retrig

I'll be at this one (and more, but this one for sure, 214 makes amazing electro):

Shameless Showcase @ Chop Suey : 2010 Decibel Festival

Time: September 23 at 9:00pm - September 24 at 1:30am

: Main Room :

...Dan Bell - DJ : Detroit/Berlin

Deepchild - Live : Sydney/Berlin

Ctrl_Alt_Dlt - DJ

: Lounge :

214 - Live

Menami with Recess - DJ

Adlib with Levi Clark - DJ

Doors @ 9pm / 21+

$13 Adv. / $15 at the door / Free with dB Pass

ADVANCE TICKETS: http://post.thestranger.com/seattle/Cart?quantity=unknown&section=4059989&product=4591971&pc=4330369

Guest ruiagnelo

i have seen moritz von oswald trio and murcof at my city and they are pretty good live. it's well worth it just for those two.

oh shit!

FLYING LOTUS

going to compile my events not to miss list by date and time soon. Also, i got a confirmation that there will be a detailed program for the festival with set times,, so this is going to be an amazing five days!!! now i just need to find a wicked place to crash after the daily mind melts.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

booked my ticket yesterday. haven't decided whether i'm going to catch anything on thursday night or not, but friday and saturday are ON! :yeah:

• 2 weeks later...

i will for sure be seeing flylo on thurs the 23rd, and monolake on sunday the 26th. anyone who wants to meet up let me know, gonna get blitzed proper for the brainfeeder sets :)

Archived