IGNORED

JIm Morrison fortells the future of music...

Guest enxyme

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

i also can't stand led zeppelin!

pre-animals pink floyd is aight. animals is a great album.

ah come on now, later led zeppelin is an acquired taste, and later later zep is shite (looking at you, in through the out door... despite your amusing title).

but the first five albums are brilliant (especially the III-IV-Houses of the holy sequence - kinda less focused on inventing heavy metal, with crazy folk and arabic and jazz and what have you. and therefore even better than the first two. three almost flawless albums in a row is a hell of a run)

it's not so much the music it's the bullshit macho posturing. the music is okay for what it is, it was certainly a newish idea and all that, but the lyrics and the way they're sung just drives me up the wall. squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg hurr hurr hurr sexual. it just annoys me is all.

it was the 70's...hairy chests were attractive. Think about that. . .I agree though. I love prince, but he was little too sexual too. Too grapihc.

I love Zeps softer tracks like 'thats the way'

Guest enxyme

I don't think Jim was a prophet...

It's obvious he was right though... And most other musicians of the time probably didin't think on that level...

They were too busy writing cheesy little pop songs... I would be willing to estimate Jim is in the "Elite" group of artists of the day with visionary statements like this... It's 1970 for christ's sake...

Plenty of musicians(espically in europe) were able to "Get" what Jim's talking about here... But I'm not aware of

any video interview which cover this topic... Would be interesting to see...

I reckon that was a pretty insightful remark on Jim's behalf. Most insights like that tend to verge on the obvious side, but the fact is that not that many people actually put two and two together. So it's impressive when someone puts so simply what should have been apparent to so many with a little consideration. It's the simplest observations that often end up being the most profound. He was bound to have a few of those if he just kept talking to interviewers. I've never really looked much into The Doors' music or legend. I found their keyboardist to be a really interesting guy when I saw him interviewed as a middle aged chap. I always think of Jim as setting a new influential precedent for rock 'n' roll posturing, but that's without ever giving his music a fair chance. I just always hate hearing lyrics like that and knowing there were millions of people who considered it poetic genius and still do. That kind of makes me shudder. But I'd feel differently I guess if he didn't play up the rock 'n' roll guru persona so much. I suppose you can't entirely blame him since it was more often than not the drugs doing the behaving. Anyway, I should probably seriously dig into their catalog before I do any further critiquing out of mostly ignorance. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived