IGNORED

The Human Centipede

Guest abusivegeorge

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This movie would probably just depress me. I'll avoid it.

Why's that?

Well it's pretty much entirely bleak with absolutely nothing lifting or tension-relieving about it. So unless you can just laugh at how horrible the situation is, it would be a depressing movie to watch. Sick for the sake of sick, no doubt about it.

Guest ansgaria

The Roskilde festival had a cinema on the camping area as well, and a mate read the plot behind the movie aloud, some just shook their heads in disgust whilst some of us grabbed a pen and circled the fuck out of the title - none of us got to see it though, just bad timing.

Why's that?

Well it's pretty much entirely bleak with absolutely nothing lifting or tension-relieving about it. So unless you can just laugh at how horrible the situation is, it would be a depressing movie to watch. Sick for the sake of sick, no doubt about it.

The only problem is, that's not true.

At all.

IMO

Guest abusivegeorge

Why's that?

The only problem is, that's not true.

At all.

IMO

Void

@ Braintree

Because sneakstas opinion counts for everything.

Lol

*shrug* It seemed true for half the people present at the viewing, and I imagine Braintree might be of similar disposition. On the one hand it's funny because of how over the top sick it is, but on the other hand it's not always easy for people to view it that way.

Meh rubbish film

The guy playing the doctor is the highlight of the film. He does the creepy mad scientist thing well, although there was nothing particularly unique about his approach to it.

The story line is weak as piss, all you need to know is what the concept of the human centipede is, and the rest just plays out from there. Most plot development is done within the first 30-40 mins and nothing really to go from after that, aside from the inevitable and very predictable ending.

Its not gross by any stretch, there is very minimal gore. The only shocking thing is the concept of a human centipede, but that in itself is so childish and stupid that its really not so affective, just laughable.

1 thing I though fitting, was that the 2 girls are such bad actors, its quite appropriate that they are rewarded with a face full of anus and the inability to speak.

To be honest, I laughed all the way through, its just too rediculous for words. Admitedly Im probably quite desensitized because i've always liked pretty shocking films. But this is just dumb, really dumb.

Someone earlier mentioned Audition as a comparison, which is sells audition very short. That film is on another level entirely. A million times better.

Someone earlier mentioned Audition as a comparison, which is sells audition very short. That film is on another level entirely. A million times better.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOA I was not using it as a comparison in quality by any means. Jesus! Audition is a fucking fantastic film. I take it you just skimmed and didn't pay much mind to the content of my post. Anyway, most of the rest of what you said was on point.

Well, I'm an odd one sometimes. I'm not a person that doesn't get affected by films. I DO get emotionally affected, and sometimes very strongly. I never found myself too terribly disgusted or disturbed with this one in particular, because quite frankly, the idea is ridiculously over the top and unrealistic. That being said, despite the total implausibility of it all, it was realistic enough to not be all that cheesy. The acting was decent to above average, with the doctor being pretty damn good. There were some genuine laughs too, and what I mean by that is comedic moments, to lighten it up a bit. The film doesn't take itself too seriously. Sure, it was gross, but wtf, look at the concept. What would one expect?

i was just starting to get it out of my mind george. it sure as shit ruined the 1st part of my day. Thank you for reminding how close I was to flying the fuck out to LA last night and turning George cock licking Lucas, Steven semen swallowing Spielberg, and that little cunt Shia LaBeouf into a human centipede.

Guest abusivegeorge

Fucking lol, I'm sorry, when you said this "Well, I'm an odd one sometimes. I'm not a person that doesn't get affected by films. I DO get emotionally affected, and sometimes very strongly."

My immediate thought was one of Indiana, I honestly didn't realise it had affected you that much. Sorry dude.

Thank you for reminding how close I was to flying the fuck out to LA last night and turning George cock licking Lucas, Steven semen swallowing Spielberg, and that little cunt Shia LaBeouf into a human centipede.

lol

Well, I'm an odd one sometimes. I'm not a person that doesn't get affected by films. I DO get emotionally affected, and sometimes very strongly. I never found myself too terribly disgusted or disturbed with this one in particular, because quite frankly, the idea is ridiculously over the top and unrealistic. That being said, despite the total implausibility of it all, it was realistic enough to not be all that cheesy. The acting was decent to above average, with the doctor being pretty damn good. There were some genuine laughs too, and what I mean by that is comedic moments, to lighten it up a bit. The film doesn't take itself too seriously. Sure, it was gross, but wtf, look at the concept. What would one expect?

Okay, I'm not going to disagree with any of that. And yeah, the concept is pretty much what makes it gross, not because of anything graphic. That's what I meant in the first place. I guess for me most of the comedic moments were kind of incidental, as opposed to being deliberate (maybe aside from the obnoxiousness of the two main chicks which just kind of irritated me rather than made me laugh). I think the director actually did take the concept pretty seriously, as ridiculous as that sounds. I mean, he derived the concept from the punchline of a joke he had, but I think he genuinely wanted to do that concept justice in every way he could without a hell of a lot of irony intended. He's a pretty strange guy (well, obviously...).

I'm not sure that I like or hate that this movie's becoming kind of important culturally. It's totally stupid in every way, but it's so reflective of where we're heading with entertainment right now that it's sparking thousands of debates just like this one. That says a lot, for better or worse.

Guest ruiagnelo

should a person whose favorite horror movie is The Shining and enjoyed the trailer of this movie, watch the whole thing?

I'm not sure that I like or hate that this movie's becoming kind of important culturally. It's totally stupid in every way, but it's so reflective of where we're heading with entertainment right now that it's sparking thousands of debates just like this one. That says a lot, for better or worse.

Aye, but that's the nature of art in general. I don't know where you're coming from regarding it becoming important culturally. That would imply some sort of popularity, and I don't really see that happening outside of a small undergroundish community. If it does happen to break out into the mainstream, I will lol, simply because of how many people it would piss right off.

In before "this isn't art" or some similar bs.

should a person whose favorite horror movie is The Shining and enjoyed the trailer of this movie, watch the whole thing?

Well, as mentioned earlier it's definitely not a must see movie, so I wouldn't say anyone should see this movie. But you might get a kick out of it. It's a pretty polarizing film. Maybe watch the first 20 minutes and make your decision to watch the whole thing based off that (I think by that point it should be pretty clear).

Aye, but that's the nature of art in general. I don't know where you're coming from regarding it becoming important culturally. That would imply some sort of popularity, and I don't really see that happening outside of a small undergroundish community. If it does happen to break out into the mainstream, I will lol, simply because of how many people it would piss right off.

In before "this isn't art" or some similar bs.

It has some sort of popularity without a doubt. In fact, it's probably the movie I've heard talked about more than any other on the interwebs in the last 6 months. And considering the popularity of the interwebs I reckon that's pretty popular as a cultural phenomenon. It's a cult movie, yes, but a lot of those end up being pretty important culturally, and I think sad as it may be, this is going to end up being one of those 10 years down the road. It's just about there already.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

daniel tosh made a reference to this movie on tosh.0. but then, I'm not sure if that means it's well known or not. people in the studio audience laughed at the joke, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived