IGNORED

Bjørn Svin - 'Browen'

Guest ansgaria

Guest ansgaria

Bjørn Christiansen, better known under his musical moniker Bjørn Svin, is a Danish electronic musician, who's been active in the Danish underground scene for years now.

triBjorn02.jpg

He surfaced properly with his crazy little tune 'Mer' Strøm' (translates to 'More power') in '97 on April Records (a 12" I am still trying to dig up...). A track which is still very much alive today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJaOyr7ACI

His newest record is entitled 'Browen' and came out on Rump Recordings march this year.

bjornsvin_browen.jpg

He has always had a very distinct, crazy sound which is clearly inspired by the works of our beloved Warp artists, but one thing that really strikes me about this album is how much it just reeks with Autechre-like things, more precisely 'Oversteps'-like sounds and atmosphere. Even the titles could be taken right off the back of an Autechre record with titles such as 'ooW', 'nnOR', BooO', 'Rower' and 'OOOO'. It hasn't got the same lush, spacey ambient feel to it that 'Oversteps' has, but I still find it to be very similar.

I can highly recommend it, not as much as journey as 'Oversteps', but he did a damn good job.

You can listen to the whole record for free via Soundcloud on the record label's website.

http://www.rump-recordings.dk/releases/8

Of course, if you enjoy the damn thing, go buy it.

Guest ansgaria

Fun fact: I was supposed to experience him live in April this year along with two other Danish musicians warming up for him. It was the same day we had turned in our big 'study-line' assignment, so right after we turned it in, we headed for the pub, then to a friend's place and then off the concert. During that time I had gotten so piss drunk that I was all dead by the time Bjørn Svin had to go on stage. I heard some of his tunes... from the bathroom. Fuck.

Archived