IGNORED

Why do I have to pay £150,00-£200,00 for Exai vinyl on discogs or ebay?

o00o

why are old releases like Draft for £25 GBP on repress but I have to pay £150,00 on discogs to buy a vinyl copy of Exai? Is it possible to get this repressed as well? @Sean Ae

Edited by o00o

• o00o changed the title to Why do I have to pay £150,00-£200,00 for Exai vinyl on discogs or ebay?

I mean, you answered your own question. I can go to my local record store today and pick up the repress of Draft, but I can't do that for Exai...

Add on the fact that Exai is a 4x vinyl box set. It's simple supply and demand

Edited by YELLOW

Most of the Ae records cost like £90-100 after a few years of being out of print. Confield and Draft were going for that much last year.

As for getting represses of Untilted onwards, who knows? Probably - but I'd expect it will be quite a long time before they get to Exai.

Poor old Squarepusher fans still waiting for their vinyl reissue program to get past the first album.

• Like 1

If Warp used discogs price as a guide for represses, SAW2 and Drukqs are surely due - they go for silly money these days.

It's unlikely but a repress of the Garbage EP would be nice too, £100 for a 12" is pretty fierce.

• Like 1

wow. gonna have to get my ae vinyl insured. 

Just now, danshoebridge said:

If Warp used discogs price as a guide for represses, SAW2 and Drukqs are surely due - they go for silly money these days.

It's unlikely but a repress of the Garbage EP would be nice too, £100 for a 12" is pretty fierce.

they did the EP collection release though of all the eps on CD so doing vinyl.. idk.. long shot for sure.. but would be nice since then people would realize that yeesland at 33rpm sounds amazing. 

12 minutes ago, ignatius said:

wow. gonna have to get my ae vinyl insured. 

they did the EP collection release though of all the eps on CD so doing vinyl.. idk.. long shot for sure.. but would be nice since then people would realize that yeesland at 33rpm sounds amazing. 

Yeah I spent the first month or so playing Cichlisuite at 33, had no idea it was supposed to be 45!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Yeah drukQs sould really be repressed as well. 

2 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Yeah I spent the first month or so playing Cichlisuite at 33, had no idea it was supposed to be 45!

someone asked them in an interview about various tracks "33 or 45?"  and they refused to answer 🙂 

6 hours ago, auxien said:

by the time they do reissues the price is probably going to be $70 for a new copy anyway (before shipping/whatever else). vinyl is a luxury item.

Yeah, I'm slowly getting used to the fact that by now most new records end up at 40-50-60 Euros with shipping and VAT. More for double albums. 

Exai was 41.60 USD shipped from Amazon new, which was relatively much back in 2013.

Edited by psn
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, psn said:

Yeah, I'm slowly getting used to the fact that by now most new records end up at 40-50-60 Euros with shipping and VAT. More for double albums. 

i believe it…CD prices have started creeping up too, even digital prices for that matter…but it seems vinyl has become the premium format for music collectors, whether they’re Autechre fans or Taylor Swift fans. it’s just a high dollar thing now, so it’s going to be pricey and getting pricier. the used market might reset tho, lots of people are sick of the discogs effect, but it ain’t gonna be a sharp drop or nothing even if. 

:trap:

1 hour ago, Satans Little Helper said:

You rather ask comrad putin to be allowed to listen to an ae album? 

I'm not sure that Putin is a good candidate for anticapitalist of the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mTesc said:

I'm not sure that Putin is a good candidate for anticapitalist of the year.

regardless, his taste in music is probably atrocious. 

• Like 1