IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it was just the heavy CK withdrawal I'd been in, but that new special had me busting a gut pretty much start to finish.  If I were to gauge his best work off my own physical reaction, I'd say it was his best work.  But that could just be due to the added catharsis of having CK back.  It had been a loooong time since any new standup comedy had resonated much with me.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:48 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I don't know if it was just the heavy CK withdrawal I'd been in, but that new special had me busting a gut pretty much start to finish.  If I were to gauge his best work off my own physical reaction, I'd say it was his best work.  But that could just be due to the added catharsis of having CK back.  It had been a loooong time since any new standup comedy had resonated much with me.

Yah, me too, made noises like I've never heard myself make, pretty embarrassing really, like a virgin guinea pig being fucked by a leafblower. Good thing I waa on my own. Fucking hell, that shit funny. Immediately went to the ticket section of the site to look for any gigs, which never before occurred to me for some reason, and sure enough there were some available still. Show's postponed to May 2021, but shit still be funny then, I'm sure. Funniest man alive, unless I'm missing something? (The last couple of Chappelle ones were pretty decent, too.)

Archived