IGNORED

Beatles or Stones

Guest dese manz hatin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I love the beatles and even though the way they changed pop music involved a lot of shit records, the 67-70 stuff is still unparalleled in my eyes. I don't like any rolling stones songs

I would say that The Beatles were real musicians and that The Rolling Stones were just rock stars.

I receive no enjoyment from listening to Bob Dylan, but everyone says he was innovative or unique or a genius or something, so whatever. I don't see it personally.

Metallica is SHIT.

Guest Coalbucket PI

seriously though. the beatles were the most overrated band of all time (not including oasis or u2)

beatlemania was gayer than u2 and oasis together but rubber soul -> let it be, basically as good as it gets

Guest abusivegeorge

I think I've only ever heard one Dylan song all the way through and we all know which one it is.

Also yeah Dylan, couldn't give a shit. Probably the most overrated act I can think of

overrated yes, but also highly influential, especially first three or four albums. rubber soul couldn't have existed without them.

burger_top.gif

dylan misheard the 'i can't hide' in 'i want to hold your

hand' as 'i get high', asked to meet the fabs, and

introduced them to spliff (or so the legend goes)

burger_top.gif

as you can read in this great book

burger_bottom.gif

burger_bottom.gif

Guest abusivegeorge

the one in the beginning of the big lebowski?

That's "man in me" and if it gets played all the way through then actually I've heard two.

The one I was referecing though, is of course, "like a rolling stone".

referencing*

beatles by far. i'm just now getting into stones. dylan i will give some more time to at some point in the future. as of right now i don't enjoy it much.

"tangled up in blue" is incredible though.

but all the moments of the beatles were essential and brilliant. all of them.

please please me!? hard days night. fuck. one of those is possibly the greatest pop album ever made - at least as far as i've heard. i should explore more of those 60s pop groups.

i've just been getting into exile on main street - shit. "rocks off" is the sound of my life a few months ago.

beatles by far. i'm just now getting into stones.

like some other guy said up there, 'their satanic majesties request' is pretty underrated, and pretty weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drwM5jQvrpU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPihaeRQttg

(this got a FANTASTIC dancey cover in the early 90s by world of twist)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPAEvApxZSI

there's also a song on the second side with bill wyman vocals that a mate of mine thought was philip glass til bill (lol) started singing.

Archived