IGNORED

George Lucas giving half his fortune to charity

Rubin Farr

enlightened science is to a large extent the acceptance of the metaphysical in science - science joined with ancient spirituality - i don't have time to go into the whole thing here but just that much should give you a good idea of what i mean.

as far as humans being fallible - i think the bottom line is you don't know the sorts of humans that i am speaking of - we already exist and have been working on this

(of course with many more details then i laid out) for the better part of 40 years. all that is happening right now is happening just as we have understood it was/is going

to happen. those who do not take this experience (life) seriously in it's depth, significance and mystery are going to suffer from their own naivety.

i don't want anyone to suffer so i am trying my best to get information out through every avenue i can - but the fact is some will never listen.

at the same time as being frightening and disturbing to take something of this scale on/in fully it is equally or more exciting and amazing. image

a living breathing version of the best graphic novel you ever read and you would not even be getting close. this is happening here, now,

every second all around us. it's amazing to me still how so many can sleep so deeply considering all that is going on.

we are more powerful then we could ever image - but it is eternal knowledge that is the key to opening

our relationship with our true selves and what this whole experience truly is.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

enlightened science is to a large extent the acceptance of the metaphysical in science - science joined with ancient spirituality - i don't have time to go into the whole thing here but just that much should give you a good idea of what i mean.

as far as humans being fallible - i think the bottom line is you don't know the sorts of humans that i am speaking of - we already exist and have been working on this

(of course with many more details then i laid out) for the better part of 40 years. all that is happening right now is happening just as we have understood it was/is going

to happen. those who do not take this experience (life) seriously in it's depth, significance and mystery are going to suffer from their own naivety.

i don't want anyone to suffer so i am trying my best to get information out through every avenue i can - but the fact is some will never listen.

at the same time as being frightening and disturbing to take something of this scale on/in fully it is equally or more exciting and amazing. image

a living breathing version of the best graphic novel you ever read and you would not even be getting close. this is happening here, now,

every second all around us. it's amazing to me still how so many can sleep so deeply considering all that is going on.

we are more powerful then we could ever image - but it is eternal knowledge that is the key to opening

our relationship with our true selves and what this whole experience truly is.

I have concerns over metaphysics. It doesn't fall in line with tbe subject area of science - it's a whole different genre of perspectives on life. You can not run society via metaphysical means - it will create subjectivity - and why do we want subjectivity when it comes to important decisions that impact many lives? Your "opinion" of "beyond the physical" could be different to mine, but it's completely irrelevant when considering feeding a community or ensuring the implementation of a safe and fast transportation system which uses the best technologies currently available. I admire your philosophy and outlook, and sometimes find myself questioning what is beyond what we currently know today, but if your philosophy is not derived from the physical world e.g. natural law and getting feedback from the environment -- then I'm afraid such a metaphysical outlook will ultimately fail if you're using it to make decisions on certain societal issues.

many of the complexities that we face today are from our writing over the simplicity

which is essential for our survival. we have created nearly every problem today, every sickness by not

following a strict code based on the simple law of self and other. we don't care so

much about the repercussions of our actions anymore - some of us don't even

believe there are any. a hamburger is just a hamburger, it's not blood on our

hands right? self abusive indulgences are our right as humans to take part in

right? is that really true? were we not given these bodies in trust and are

we not breaking that trust? is it possible that we are supposed to be

doing something specific down here and we are not holding up our

end of the bargain? these are all questions that i can easily answer

but some don't even see that it is relevant to ask such questions.

science is not the answer my friend. we are to go beyond science.

we are addicted to our creation and letting go of it is the only

solution there is! there are those who are willing to let go and

then there are those who will hold on to the bitter end.

i for one am letting go of complexity and reprogramming myself with simplicity.

we think that the thing that is tricking us is outside ..no , it's riding in us, it is us.

until we lay aside our false selves and truly become the new true self all that is sacred will allude us

and all that is not will win our hearts.

Guest abusivegeorge

hate is not whats being spread here george. i for one am just wishing there was more focus on priority in the world of charity organizations today and more unification around a central theme that could really and truly change the world. not just feed the hungry, but show them what and how to eat and how to produce food sustainably, not just treat and medicate the sick, but heal them and show them how to be healthy for the rest of their lives and not just educate the illiterate and uneducated, but actually give them skills, knowledge and wisdom free of specialization that will help them find out who they truly are!

what's wrong with idealism? that's like saying "lets not shoot spot on, lets just aim to hit left of center" why not go directly for the center?

:rhubear2:

OK that's completely understandable, maybe this is what you were getting at in your other posts, but maybe I misunderstod/didn't understand/misread, what you've just said right there makes perfect sense.

As for idealism, there's nothing wrong with it, it just saddens me that it gets brought up in situations like this, I mean jesus they're donating billions for fucks sake let them get on with it, at least it's being done. But yeah I understand, it's all good.

Guest ruiagnelo

i for one am letting go of complexity and reprogramming myself with simplicity.

honestly, i didn't read the whole post and not even the first, but i saw this sentence that caught my attention.

you know, complexity isn't in itself a bad thing.

complication is, intricacy is. humans are naturally complex, as it is nature, complexity that we don't understand but feel and try to express in a virtual way, using the word 'complex'.. that is actually quite simple and clear.

we should understand the difference between what is to be complicated and complex, as they stand opposite. that is one thing that i have learned from studying architecture and can be - from my personal perspective - applied to every possible situation of life.

i would complement your view, which i must say it's virtually the same as mine, saying that we should start by understanding that we are the problem, but not simply solve it. this solution needs to be specific. it's essential that the weaknesses are assumed in a way that they aren't forgotten or even hidden, but that they motivate the change.

Guest ruiagnelo

well, at least someone is giving half his fortune to charity instead of wasting time on the internet

those who waste time on the internet don't really have billion dollar fortunes, so that was an unnecessary comment.

well, at least someone is giving half his fortune to charity instead of wasting time on the internet

those who waste time on the internet don't really have billion dollar fortunes, so that was an unnecessary comment.

agreed

It's really simple: Lucas is not putting his money into sustainable, problem solving, long term solutions -- this is where his train of thought has failed. On the topic of charities, yes, in the short term, they are great, but they don't go far enough in resolving the root causal problems we face in the world. We should be aiming to live in a society free of charities so they are eliminated on the basis that their services are no longer required because everyone's basic human needs like food/water/shelter are fulfilled without servitude or a price tag.. Unfortunately, the monetary system itself acts as a barrier to this logical progression and it's time we realise this instead of upholding an outdated social system which does not look out for our needs as a planet.

Guest ruiagnelo

agreed

It's really simple: Lucas is not putting his money into sustainable, problem solving, long term solutions -- this is where his train of thought has failed. On the topic of charities, yes, in the short term, they are great, but they don't go far enough in resolving the root causal problems we face in the world. We should be aiming to live in a society free of charities so they are eliminated on the basis that their services are no longer required because everyone's basic human needs like food/water/shelter are fulfilled without servitude or a price tag.. Unfortunately, the monetary system itself acts as a barrier to this logical progression and it's time we realise this instead of upholding an outdated social system which does not look out for our needs as a planet.

agree with you mate, and added the fact that his fortune is a tiny tiny percentage in the global billionaire wealth, it doesn't really mean anything.

Guest ruiagnelo

modern charity the way i picture it is something like this:

imagine two people each on top of huge buildings that are next to each other, one is slowly dying and the other keeps throwing food at him/her.

i have observed that even more because of the recent flood disaster on Madeira island, in my country. network stations would constantly open bank accounts and ask for donations and simultaneously they would show pictures of people trying to desperatly save their houses.

charity needs to be about action, not simply throwing money.

if you'd count "those who waste time on the internet but instead giving some", you'd come close.

here's another unnecessary comment. and i mean really ANOTHER.

stop wasting time kids. if you know so much, do something useful instead of complaining about richtards giving billions to "useless" charity on some forsaken messageboard.

(hey look, i see adam smiths invisible hand and it's touching my manhood! o gosh, i think i'm going to call zeitgeist. the hand does exist after all!! ... or not)

if you'd count "those who waste time on the internet but instead giving some", you'd come close.

stop wasting time kids. if you know so much, do something useful instead of complaining about richtards giving billions to "useless" charity on some forsaken messageboard.

(hey look, i see adam smiths invisible hand and it's touching my manhood! o gosh, i think i'm going to call zeitgeist. the hand does exist after all!! ... or not)

You're forgetting that message boards are filled with humans interacting through text. I'm communicating to you're brain right now because you're reading what I'm typing right here.. and humans can change the world. I'm merely planting seeds, as the great Bill Hicks once said. Doesn't matter whether it's on a message board or face-to-face -- it's still a method of communication that can be effective. This downgrading of the internet is not really logical at all.

Guest ruiagnelo

as it is a message board we are discussing it and you don't even seem to want to discuss it as well, so i doubt you can take action, altough you step in here with big balls claiming to know something.

that makes you the most useless amongst us.

sure. let's make a discussion on the true value of internet. where's your logic? i'm not downgrading the internet. i'm downgrading this thread, at most. there's a fundamental difference. have you always been this good at over-generalizing?

take a cup of coffee and relax. the next revolution is not going to start at watmm. i bet that great preacher Bill Hicks would also tell you to get off your lame ass and do something useful.

* if Bill was alive he'd be posting on messageboards as well *

not

Archived