IGNORED

Beds

Guest Coalbucket PI

Guest Coalbucket PI

coalbucket, ive owned one of those sofabeds, they are UNCOMFORTABLE

get something for a few more pennies that will not fuck your back

I have slept on one before a few times but I was probably drunk now I think about it. Hmm. I like the way that its long enough to be a bed when folded up. If i got a double futon they fold up differently and can be quite hard work to fold out, or at least hard work when you just want to fall asleep. I do really like my back though.

I have a shitty bed that I don't really like very much.

same with me, I bought a cheap bed at IKEA thinking it would be fine but it's constantly falling apart and there's one screw holding the entire thing together. I learned from the experience to never buy anything from IKEA ever again apart from dishes

I never get any sleep...my girlfriend's always in my bed.

moooooo.png

lol this is so cute and I can just imagine you chuckling to yourself while setting up the shot.

Win!

Edit: ikea Hopen with an older (non ikea) queen sized mattress that needs replacing. Waking up with a sore back pretty regularly - prefer a firmer mattress than this one but it was free. I can vouch for the sturdiness of this ikea bed! It must be one of their nicer ones.

Guest abusivegeorge

lol this is so cute and I can just imagine you chuckling to yourself while setting up the shot.

:blush: Nuh-uh.

You are just 1 of the actions that takes place inside the topic of this thread.

:blush: Nuh-uh.

You are just 1 of the actions that takes place inside the topic of this thread.

wat.

Wake

To become roused from sleep; awake; awaken; waken (often fol. by up ).

Yeah, after I posted that, I realized what you meant... Wake is a random monicker I've been using for things for the past ten years. Sometimes I forget it's a word.

Anyway, good morning!

Guest Deep Fried Everything

queen sized memeory foam (top layer only) pillow top, bought new about a year and a half ago... my first proper bed that wasn't pilfered or a hand-me-down, thank GOD.

600-thread count egyptian pima cotton to fully pimp it out. if you're not sleeping well because of your bed situation, you're depriving yourself of oh so much.

Guest Coalbucket PI

king size w/ firm memory foam mattress.

seen some hard action i tell ya

what do you mean?

Yeah I couldn't figure this out either, I guess he jumps on it when his parents are out or something?

Along these lines... (the topic)

How often do you change your bedsheets?

How often do you rotate/flip your mattress? (if applicable)

Do you have a mattress cover?

How often do you vacuum your mattress?

Mattress Facts (probably made up/perpetuated by the mattress industry):

An average mattress will double it's weight during it's lifespan due to sweat, dead skin, and bed mites/parasites.

A mattress should be thrown out every 8 years and replaced with a new one (may not apply to memory foam mattresses).

How often do you change your bedsheets?

Once a week in the summer, every 2 weeks the rest of the year.

How often do you rotate/flip your mattress? (if applicable)

Every 4 or 5 months

Do you have a mattress cover?

Yes I have a padded mattress cover that also gets washed every 2 weeks or so.

How often do you vacuum your mattress?

Every 2 weeks

A mattress should be thrown out every 8 years and replaced with a new one (may not apply to memory foam mattresses).

I've had mine around 8 years so it might be time to replace. We are looking to get a new bed this year anyway.

I never get any sleep...my girlfriend's always in my bed.

moooooo.png

Win!

Edit: ikea Hopen with an older (non ikea) queen sized mattress that needs replacing. Waking up with a sore back pretty regularly - prefer a firmer mattress than this one but it was free. I can vouch for the sturdiness of this ikea bed! It must be one of their nicer ones.

I have an Ikea Hopen, too, and I like it a lot. Perfect for reading in bed without jacking up your neck. [edit: Queen size]

ikea-hopen-bed-frame.jpg

The Ikea Sultan mattress I have is a little crap, but my ex and I are getting back together and I'm moving back in with her, so we're going to do a Hopen + her ridiculously expensive Tempurpedic combo and I anticipate this being awesome.

I have an Ikea Hopen, too, and I like it a lot. Perfect for reading in bed without jacking up your neck. [edit: Queen size]

ikea-hopen-bed-frame.jpg

The Ikea Sultan mattress I have is a little crap, but my ex and I are getting back together and I'm moving back in with her, so we're going to do a Hopen + her ridiculously expensive Tempurpedic combo and I anticipate this being awesome.

Sounds like a winning combo. I was a bit surprised to discover the Hopen is designed for use with a mattress only (no box spring). (Do Tempurpedics have a box spring?) But those crazy bendy slat things under the mattress are doing a fine job. How long did it take you to put those together, by the way??? The bed itself was a sinch, but the slats took forever. Worth it I suppose.

Also, do you ever hit your shins on the side ledges?

Hmm, I'll have to look into the box spring sitch a little. She currently has an Ikea Malm bed and I don't think the designs are too different, but I kind of set up this thing at some point in '08 and forgot about it. I know there was a way to lower the supports in the Malm, and didn't really think about it with respect to the Hopen.

The assembly was definitely a pain in the ass. I don't remember how long it took, but I had a friend giving me a hand and that helped. There was a week of full-on Ikea assembly and it all sort of blurs together at this point. I'm not looking forward to disassembling this thing in a month.

And. . . fuck yes, those side-ledges are indeed shin-wreckers. It took a good year for me to get used to them. Shin injuries occur less frequently now, but have not been completely eliminated. I love the way they look, though. And they make convenient resting places for remotes, etc, for lazy weekends in.

king size w/ firm memory foam mattress.

seen some hard action i tell ya

what do you mean?

Yeah I couldn't figure this out either, I guess he jumps on it when his parents are out or something?

i mean if only my mattress could talk...

Archived