IGNORED

EVE Online

wahrk

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

haha I had a little fun on when I did the trail but I dunno the combat is really slow paced other than it its pretty awesome. I cant imagine how cool MMOs like that will be in 11 years with better combat and interactivity etc. you think some MMOs are addictive now??? its gonna be waay worse than crack/heroin/meth/and giving me blowjobs combined on the addiction scale.

Guest disparaissant

i played it for like a month a while back, it's really fun if you just grief like crazy :D there's so many opportunities, too. but eah you might as well take up heroin.

my favorite music to play as background atmosphere when I played the trail was Astrobotnia and our very own Spore's project Lights Set North. That was my favorite part about the game is how spacey music got me so immersed with the spacey vibe of the game. Where most games I feel like putting on music is distracting and make it hard to play. Some good trippy spaced on music can really pull you into the world of a game like Eve.

I'm really glad the combat isn't more exciting and their weren't a bunch of really fun exciting things about this game or I would totally be addicted to it and never music again. I honestly feel fear for the day when games are every bit as amazing as I would want them to be and I have no desire to do anything else. I really should try and complete a lot of my life goals before that's a reality.

I tried to get into it a few times but I got bored with it too easily. When you're not in a company/corporation/whatever it's mostly just a really boring game. And I hate the interface.

It's very unique though, I love how the world is shaped by the players in the low-sec areas. You can read some fantastic EVE Online stories involving politics, fraud, conspiracies etc. If I would get into an MMORPG again, it would have to be open ended like EVE. But thankfully, I still have better things to do.

people that play mmorpgs have given up - if you're going to waste your life playing games, why don't you try and get good at something you can win money on.

looks complicated and time consuming.

it is. EVE is fun when you´re not playing it. i spent many, many, MANY hours playing around with evemon and the ship-fitting tool OUTSIDE of the game. i really loved the complexity and all the micromanagement, skill-planning ett., but the gameplay itself is boring as hell. even 1000 vs. 1000 pvp-fights are boring. i´m not gonna touch this game again.

i bought and played it for a while back when it first came out, then tried to get back into it a couple of times after that. conceptually, it's an awesome game, but in reality it gets tedious, since mining initially takes up a large part of the game unless you're a member of a big corp or something, and mining sucks.

I'm mostly thinking it might be something fun to do while I'm working, as I'm usually just cruising around WATMM because it sucks to try and work on tracks when you might get a call any second.

I have a friend that plays it and he has 4 accounts. He spends virtually all his time in the game. His EVE bill every month is more than his cell-phone bill

here's a video that explains the game:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/208-Eve-Online

Anyone worth their salt pays for their time cards with isk...

Guest Gary C

I played it for a week a couple of years ago.

It's pretty cool, looks really nice to begin with and has massive scope. But it's pretty mundane once you get over mining and realise how easy it is to get destroyed. Maybe I just needed to put more time into. It's a great idea, but I can't be arsed.

Guest Gary C

Yeah, the vastness of it is really something. It's exactly what being a little spaceship should be like.

I spent hours in the noob-zone mining some crappy ore, but my capacity was shockingly shit and made it so pointless. Then I went to do a mission in the slightly more lawless zone and had everything stolen before being left to 'egg' around.

That's when I gave up.

Yeah, the vastness of it is really something. It's exactly what being a little spaceship should be like.

I spent hours in the noob-zone mining some crappy ore, but my capacity was shockingly shit and made it so pointless. Then I went to do a mission in the slightly more lawless zone and had everything stolen before being left to 'egg' around.

That's when I gave up.

633917411825271695-RAGEQUIT.jpg

Archived