IGNORED

What's Your Horoscope Sign ?

YEK

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most horoscopes might be bullshit but there is a lot of significant reasoning behind astrology. I'm not saying I read too much into it or anything but I certainly wouldn't call astrology nonsense.

yeah, same here. i find it quite interesting, meself. like i find a lot of things interesting but don't exactly live my life by them.

i can totally understand how the kids of today wouldn't find anything like astrology, or psychics, or mediums, seers 'n sages, etc. etc. interesting tho. that's just the way they've been brought up. everything and anything magical, mystical, religious, and airy-fairy, etc. is gradually being got rid of 'cos everyone says its bollocks, and nobody wants to be the misfit amongst their peers so they all agree it's bollocks. Harry Potter films is as far as it all goes for them. lol. light fantasy entertainment. then it's back to the cold hard facts of science. how boring is that!? lol

Most horoscopes might be bullshit but there is a lot of significant reasoning behind astrology. I'm not saying I read too much into it or anything but I certainly wouldn't call astrology nonsense.

yeah, same here. i find it quite interesting, meself. like i find a lot of things interesting but don't exactly live my life by them.

i can totally understand how the kids of today wouldn't find anything like astrology, or psychics, or mediums, seers 'n sages, etc. etc. interesting tho. that's just the way they've been brought up. everything and anything magical, mystical, religious, and airy-fairy, etc. is gradually being got rid of 'cos everyone says its bollocks, and nobody wants to be the misfit amongst their peers so they all agree it's bollocks. Harry Potter films is as far as it all goes for them. lol. light fantasy entertainment. then it's back to the cold hard facts of science. how boring is that!? lol

Im baffled as to how someone could find all the hocuspocus shit interesting and science boring. You've been reading the wrong journals mate.

Guest fiznuthian

1) science is not boring

2) there's no repeatable, verifiable evidence in favor of astrology

3) psychics and mediums rarely believe in it themselves, i.e. they are thieves

4) celestial body movement has very little to do with your immediate future beyond the weather and what food you can buy in your supermarket

5) while astrology is bullshit, cognitive bias and confirmation bias isn't

6) science is very exciting and thankfully astrology has nothing to add

Hi Im atty,I'm a Scorpio and I like broadswords and wicca.

:rhubear2:

sweet. i like nunchukas, bo staffs and lightsabres.... and ancient mythology. we should hook up! lol

Im baffled as to how someone could find all the hocuspocus shit interesting and science boring. You've been reading the wrong journals mate.

lol @ the wrong journals. your wrong isn't the same as my wrong. there's no right or wrong, anyway.

and i don't really find science boring. i didn;t say i found science itself boring. it's certain people, and their attitudes and routines, that i find boring. there's a lot of cool, interesting stuff everywhere.

1) science is not boring

4) celestial body movement has very little to do with your immediate future beyond the weather and what food you can buy in your supermarket

thank you, Richard Dawkins! lol

Guest hahathhat

1) science is not boring

We are but visitors on this rock, hurling through time and space at sixty-six thousand miles an hour. Tethered to a burning sphere by an invisible force and an unfathomable universe. This most of us take for granted while refusing to believe these forces have any more effect on us than a butterfly beating its wings halfway around the world.

--Mulder, X-Files 3x13 "Syzygy" (one of my faves! if you've never seen x-files, though, start with season 1).

Guest hahathhat

i read horoscopes, then i analyze my reaction to what they say. it gives me some hints regarding what's just below the surface of my consciousness each day... it could be totally bullshit, but it still works as a little focus/meditation aid to get you thinking about your day, what you want to get done, etc.

that, and zillions of people read them and take them seriously. i think it's likely they have a collective effect on humanity, simply because people take them seriously!

We are but visitors on this rock, hurling through time and space at sixty-six thousand miles an hour. Tethered to a burning sphere by an invisible force and an unfathomable universe. This most of us take for granted while refusing to believe these forces have any more effect on us than a butterfly beating its wings halfway around the world.

--Mulder, X-Files 3x13 "Syzygy" (one of my faves! if you've never seen x-files, though, start with season 1).

That episode was ridiculous. Some teenage girls going on a killing spree with their telekinesis killing fucking everyone.

Sometimes X Files makes me :facepalm:

Guest hahathhat

That episode was ridiculous. Some teenage girls going on a killing spree with their telekinesis killing fucking everyone.

i never said it wasn't! that episode is hilarious.

and that quote still makes a valid point, which you are ignoring in favor of trashing one of my favorite x-files episodes

i never said it wasn't! that episode is hilarious.

and that quote still makes a valid point, which you are ignoring in favor of trashing one of my favorite x-files episodes

I love X files and the show was entertaining. I just like the episodes where nothings clear cut, where it could be a rational explanation or a supernatural one.

I agree with the quote for the most part. We're far from visitors though. But if you read my other post you'll see that I very much acknowledge that planets in our own solar system and the effect they might pose upon us. But implying that it has something to do with star that are hundreds of thousands of light years away, also many of which that did make up the images are dead, is far fetched.

I'm a Scorpio now... it's interesting... I just read three different summaries of the Scorpio personality. None of them had anything to do with each other (I liked the first summary the most, the other two were nonsense like "a very powerful character, always surprises people with their emotions" ... wat). There were no citations for where the information was coming from. Is there no single authority on astrology? Can anyone with a blogspot or a news column decide what the fuck what house in what sun means? My ruling planet is apparently Pluto. Fail.

Anyway, I always knew I was a space scorpion.

Archived