IGNORED

Fever Ray - Mercy Street 7"

Guest Backson

Here:

Fever Ray end their career in Oslo

Excerpt:

"And when Fever ray enter Sentrum Scene on Monday they do so to play their farewell concert. Why?

- It is at least a goodbye for a long time. We have been playing since March and think now is the time to quit. I want to start working in the studio instead, says Dreijer"

Guest Backson

she wants to start work in the studio? maybe that means she's disbanding her live band?

or, dare I hope, that she might be getting ready to work on the next Knife album? I think that is too much to hope for after Tomorrow In A Year, but I do hope that one day they will bring out the true follow up to Silent Shout.

She's playing Bestival this coming weekend and has more dates lined up in the future... I heard her last gig was at the beginning of this year (I think?) at the London Forum, but alas she went against that decision.

Guest Backson

sounds good. personally, id rather get a fever ray follow up than a knife follow up.

Nah, Id love me some The Knife. But this is pretty awesome, looking forward.

what's important is that you can tell the dfference. when Fever Ray came out I read a few things saying that it was basically just a Knife album, but I think the difference is important.

sounds good. personally, id rather get a fever ray follow up than a knife follow up.

Nah, Id love me some The Knife. But this is pretty awesome, looking forward.

what's important is that you can tell the dfference. when Fever Ray came out I read a few things saying that it was basically just a Knife album, but I think the difference is important.

fever ray seems simpler and more organic feeling to me, where the knife has more of a techno-y vibe. fever ray is just more chill and enjoyable for my palette.

They both sound completely different to me. I see far more similarities between Olof's solo stuff and the Knife than I do between Fever Ray and the Knife.

Archived