IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Totally Together

sidewinder

Meat Beat Manifesto - Totally Together

Digital only EP featuring four previously unreleased tracks and a video for "TOTALLY TOGETHER" (98 MB Quicktime file).

1. 4OUR 4:13

2. MOVING BODY 5:26

3. TOTALLY TOGETHER 6:03

4. TRS2 4:44

http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/digital.php?prodnum=MET+691D

• 2 weeks later...

Although I definitely enjoy pretty much all Meat Beat there are definitely better places than others to start. The Live 05 cd probably represents the widest variety of his/their stuff in one place it's not the best album. For me that would be Storm The Studio mostly because of the Strap Down and Re-animator 12"s contained within.

Storm the Studio is good if you enjoy funky industrial music

Subliminal Sandwich is the best Meat Beat album and it's quite definitely its own style

Actual Sounds & Voices would be the most complicated and layered album of his

Satyricon is techno, hip-hop/rap, and industrial all rolled into one

And hip hop. Definitely a mind fuck.

Subliminal Sandwich is the best Meat Beat album and it's quite definitely its own style

I think Satyricon is my favorite MBM of all time.

Thanks guys. How do you rate Autoimmune on Planet Mu? It seems to have a wicked mix of complicated, futuristic beats/sounds and dances like mad at the same time ;-)

Thanks guys. How do you rate Autoimmune on Planet Mu? It seems to have a wicked mix of complicated, futuristic beats/sounds and dances like mad at the same time ;-)

i rate it high - definitely listen to planet mu instead of states version

I've only heard the Metropolis release, is the Planet Mu version much better?

I've also only heard the Metropolis version. Without looking them up, I think the Metro has a few extra tracks and the track order is a bit different. Perhaps the Planet Mu release has a better flow and feels more solid due to shorter length?

On the question of rating Autoimmune, I do enjoy it quite a bit and in a sense it's better than the few that preceeded it, but it doesn't top early MBM for me.

I think the Metro has a few extra tracks and the track order is a bit different. Perhaps the Planet Mu release has a better flow and feels more solid due to shorter length?

On the question of rating Autoimmune, I do enjoy it quite a bit and in a sense it's better than the few that proceeded it, but it doesn't top early MBM for me.

precisely - i feel like the additional trac's on the state version clutter it a bit - the tracklist included as the planet mu version is much more concise and

emits many of the trac's which i am less fond of.

dangers bass pressure sinks to depths virtually unparalleled

Weird, probably just a mistake since it's not on Dukebox's site but it is on Metropolis'.

And you would be right. At least as far as the album Answers Come in Dreams is concerned, which stands to reason would also be the case for the EP (even though it's digital-only, not really any sense releasing it on two labels, is there?):

Metropolis Records will release the new album, Answers Come In Dreams, on CD and digital in the US & Canada on October 12th. Hydrogen Dukebox will release the album in the UK on digital on October 12th and on CD & LP November 1st.

Archived