IGNORED

The New iPod Touch

beariksson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe in the future?

keynote will go something like this:

"APPLE ONCE AGAIN REVOLUTIONIZE PORTABLE MEDIA PLAYERS WITH A NEW AMAZING FEATURE: FM RADIO!"

I really don't understand why a feature like this isn't standard on the Shuffle and Touch and Classic lines - an FM radio chip is nothing, price wise or size wise!

it finally has a camera.. i might get one.

maybe in the future?

"APPLE ONCE AGAIN REVOLUTIONIZE PORTABLE MEDIA PLAYERS WITH A NEW AMAZING FEATURE: FM RADIO!"

I really don't understand why a feature like this isn't standard on the Shuffle and Touch and Classic lines - an FM radio chip is nothing, price wise or size wise!

because of this:

maybe in the future?

it was a huge disapontment when i bought my iphone 3GS and i realized that it has no radio. it has been a standard feature on Nokia phones for over a decade now! my favourite local radio has no web broadcast. :(

:facepalm:

NPR shows can also be found in the popular podcast format.

I like to listen live, as I ride home. Podcasts are after the fact.

And, without using cellular service, I couldn't listen to it as it streams, either!

There's a nice NPR app in the app store, but yeah it's gay not a standard feature. The new Nano is a total fail: no video camera, no video playback, smaller screensize, but hey it's a touch now! Oh yeah, same ridiculously overpriced msrp.

There's a nice NPR app in the app store, but yeah it's gay not a standard feature. The new Nano is a total fail: no video camera, no video playback, smaller screensize, but hey it's a touch now! Oh yeah, same ridiculously overpriced msrp.

That's right, they took out the camera and moved it into the Touch! Makes sense though if you think about it - my daughter has a Nano with the camera in it, and her biggest complaint is the small screen for watching what she records on it if she's out and about...

I think they should have kept the screen size on the Nano, but chopped off the scroll wheel and made that a touchscreen, sort of like a mini Touch. As it stands now, the Nano being that size makes the Shuffle even more irrelevant.

Guest Ominous

I'm not an apple guy; so can anyone answer if the only thing that that separates the iphone from that new ipod touch is cell network calling?

yes. you can get a iphone 3gs 8GB for $99 and you can get a ipod touch for like $200. no sense.

sense = $99 with a contract

i am personally really happy with the improvements on the ipod touch, but i've been meaning to get an iphone for awhile now so i'm holding out.

yes. you can get a iphone 3gs 8GB for $99 and you can get a ipod touch for like $200. no sense.

sense = $99 with a contract

i am personally really happy with the improvements on the ipod touch, but i've been meaning to get an iphone for awhile now so i'm holding out.

well i got mine free with a contract.

Archived