IGNORED

New Zealand 7.4 quake

eh Speedy

It was pretty awesome :cisfor:

A few chimneys fell down in our hood and a few smashed picture frames and we are being told to poo in a bucket - it's all good. CBD is a bit of a mess.

Waking up to a 7.1 earthquake at 4.30am is a pretty out there experience. Couldn't see a thing and it sounded pretty much like the end of the world.

Guest earlGREEN

yo chch watmm massive! about 6 hours before the earthquake hit i had just turned down the offer of some free LSD from a friend. what timing! you should never mix your hallucinogens with your natural disasters.

ps ieafs - hope you are well man!

yo chch watmm massive! about 6 hours before the earthquake hit i had just turned down the offer of some free LSD from a friend. what timing! you should never mix your hallucinogens with your natural disasters.

fuck that, you should be regretting you didn't take it! :braindance:

i woke up to an earthquake in downtown Seattle once. i was living on the 8th floor of some building and yes you could feel yourself swaying back and forth.

fucking. sucked.

i was struggling to find my digital recorder in my room in the dark to record it... it was pretty cool - you could hear this massive rumble approaching 5 seconds before the shaking even started

Yeah? Wow - I heard the rumble of the big aftershock coming for a second or 2 - pretty ominous.

The big one I went from peacefully asleep to full shaking and WTF. My first thought was someone had put the house on the back of a truck and was driving us at speeds - seemed the rational response.

Sounds like big winds are coming to blow over some buildings now(!)

Who the hell turns down free acid? :facepalm:

Guest earlGREEN

yeah that's almost what waking up to stuff like that is like.... you're in the middle of falling off a building while being eaten by vultures or something and then you wake up to everything in your room falling on you and it feels like an extension of the dream. i've heard that tripping, waking up and being in an earthquake causes you to break through the 13th plateau though...

i thought you were in auckland now anyway?

that didn't last long at all, i came straight back to chch after a brief aborted attempt to set up there. was glad I came back to chch, and still am, even if nature's fury keeps saying "howdy" to me today in the form of regular aftershocks!

(p.s. had to shed a tear at my finances falling short of my buying your GAS stuff off trademe recently! chuckled when i realised it was you that was selling 'em, not too many kiwis would be putting those items up i'd say!)

Archived