IGNORED

zombies, in... what's my appeal?

Guest tht tne

i'm saying that the concept of zombies allows people to fantasize about murder and slaughter in a "safe" way. the same way with other evil humanoids, like vampires and even nazis. it's actually really weird how fascinated people are with killing once you start to notice how it's seeped its way into all forms of media, like film, television and video games. i'm not some antiviolence freak, i'm just suggesting something to think about.

i think just about everything involving zombies is boring

they've been done to death, and they're not really scary

zombieland was alright, mainly because of emma stone

if you like zombies or are scared of them i ask you why

zombiefacepalm.gif

There is a multitude of awesome reasons to love zombies. Seems like the only strike against them in this thread is that too many people/moviegoers enjoy the concept.

So, what are the reasons to love them, or any fictional entity? I thought they were cool in the first three movies (night of the living dead, etc), but then quickly faded.

I've wondered the same for a while.. zombies? vampires? :sleep:

I could get in to Medusa if she made an popularized, watered down comeback.. maybe.

So, what are the reasons to love them, or any fictional entity? I thought they were cool in the first three movies (night of the living dead, etc), but then quickly faded.

I mostly agree with this, Night of the Living Dead and the Evil Dead 2 are probably the best zombie films I've seen. All the generic re-iterations bore me, but theres a couple films that take the idea of zombies and change the rules around a bit... like 28 Days Later. That was great, but zombies can only stay interesting for so long...

Zombieland was pure bollokz... bill murray was fun for the 20 seconds he lasted, but it didn't make the movie worth watching.

i'm saying that the concept of zombies allows people to fantasize about murder and slaughter in a "safe" way. the same way with other evil humanoids, like vampires and even nazis. it's actually really weird how fascinated people are with killing once you start to notice how it's seeped its way into all forms of media, like film, television and video games. i'm not some antiviolence freak, i'm just suggesting something to think about.

no it's cause you gots to kill the zombies before they eat you

Guest Calx Sherbet
done to death
is there a zombie film based around this yet?
zombie zombie film!

Dead of the Dead

Can we give evil robots another go in the spotlight?

i know there must be an obvious one i'm missing, but what was the last good movie that featured this??

that's one thing, but with zombies i just like the survival and teamwork aspects. there's so much strategy to it. as horrifying as it would be, zombie survival is a really cool scenario. they ARE an awesome idea for a monster. a dead person void of who they once were, living again with only intention of killing and feeding. and they are some of the few movie monsters that are shown in MASSIVE groups.

but you're right, people in the movies have been killed in pretty much every way possible. sometimes for the sake of emotional impact, sometimes not....

that's one thing, but with zombies i just like the survival and teamwork aspects. there's so much strategy to it. as horrifying as it would be, zombie survival is a really cool scenario. they ARE an awesome idea for a monster. a dead person void of who they once were, living again with only intention of killing and feeding. and they are some of the few movie monsters that are shown in MASSIVE groups.

but you're right, people in the movies have been killed in pretty much every way possible. sometimes for the sake of emotional impact, sometimes not....

meh, it's a stupid fetish, you people have with zombies. like hoodie said, it's just another way for people to kill kill kill, and do it without a care in the world, something everyone should experience at least once in a life time! oh, because the strategy and teamwork behind it is so awesome! :rolleyes:

Guest Calx Sherbet

staying hidden isn't that amazing of a strategy.. but yea, whatever.

one could say that the strategy to playing chess is winning, but there is more to it than that :trashbear:

meh, it's a stupid fetish, you people have with zombies. like hoodie said, it's just another way for people to kill kill kill, and do it without a care in the world, something everyone should experience at least once in a life time! oh, because the strategy and teamwork behind it is so awesome! :rolleyes:

killing something that is attacking you and ripping you to pieces seems reasonable to me.

but in the real world, i'm not fascinated with killing people at all. if given the chance, i wouldn't. but then again, i guess i don't know a damn thing

zombie no go tink, unless you tell am to tink

Archived