Guest nene multiple assgasms

Ingredients

* 1-2 lbs. of regular or mild Italian sausage

* 1 large onion, chopped

* 1 15 oz. can stewed or diced tomatoes

* Juice of 1 lemon

* 1-2 cloves garlic, minced

Cooking Directions

1. Soaking: Place beans in a large pot, cover with 2 quarts of water. Allow Beans to soak overnight, or at least 8 hours.

2. After soaking, drain water, add 2 quarts of water. Bring beans to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 ½ hours.

3. In a skillet, sauté onion, garlic and sausage until sausage is browned.

4. Drain excess grease and add contents to beans along with tomatoes, lemon juice and Cajun flavor packet.

5. Simmer another 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Ingredients

* 1-2 lbs. of regular or mild Italian sausage

* 1 large onion, chopped

* 1 15 oz. can stewed or diced tomatoes

* Juice of 1 lemon

* 1-2 cloves garlic, minced

Cooking Directions

1. Soaking: Place beans in a large pot, cover with 2 quarts of water. Allow Beans to soak overnight, or at least 8 hours.

2. After soaking, drain water, add 2 quarts of water. Bring beans to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 ½ hours.

3. In a skillet, sauté onion, garlic and sausage until sausage is browned.

4. Drain excess grease and add contents to beans along with tomatoes, lemon juice and Cajun flavor packet.

5. Simmer another 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

hah, this fantastic cajun restaurant in indiana (yats) serves this exact same thing with rice & some kind of homestyle bread. it's really, really delicious.

this also might be potentially useful:

Most fast food restaurants these days have a 'Dollar Menu', and these items will generally cost about a dollar and 5 cents. Why, when I leave my high school for lunch I can go to the local Wendy's fast food restaurant and get myself a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, Spicy Chicken Nuggets, and a Crispy Chicken Sandwich for 3 dollars and 20 cents. Now tell me that isn't a good deal.

Oodles of noodles. But only if your not tight enough that you actually use some water out the tap and some electricity/gas for the kettle.

Apple, banana and an orange. I would have thought that would come to under a $ (not that I'm aware of how far your monopoly money goes).

It's cheap, will fill you up and very healthy.

Bake your own bread. It's a lot cheaper than buying that nutritionless supermarket bread.

actually, its more likely the bread you bake in your house will have less nutrition than market bread which is required to be fortified (at least in the US), though it is cheaper and tastier!

When I shop for groceries, I buy a 5lb bag of potatoes for $3.50 and a 3lb sack of onions for $3. I'll eat for a week.

You can usually find boxed pasta for a dollar. And sauce is usually a dollar or two. But that will last you, easily, three days.

I grew up pretty poor, and was still poor in college. I'm making okay money now, but I still eat like I'm going to be homeless tomorrow.

Archived