IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

by the way, in case you're wondering if using portals annihilates cartograph - yes, yes it does. I just tried it out and it was able to render, but it now shows two areas - my original map area and the one where my portal exit is - at thumbnail size, separated by a huge gulf of black.

makes sense. I assume they will fix that soon

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I would find some diamonds to try portals myself

it's not diamonds you need, it's obsidian (water+lava). but i guess you need the diamond to mine it, y?

one weird thing is I get multiple portal exit spawning. Don't know why that is. The first exit, then another exit appears when I try to go back to the first portal. At least it make it easier to get more obsidian without mining it...

I wish I would find some diamonds to try portals myself

it's not diamonds you need, it's obsidian (water+lava). but i guess you need the diamond to mine it, y?

y. lava and water is everywhere - diamonds are not

haha, yeah he probably rage quit but he'll be back playing it soon, I give him a week. I really don't like the new monster difficulty on the update, it makes the game a lot less fun. I never play on safe mode (or however they call it, pussy or faggot mode?) so I end up dying a lot and losing my gear. And it's not in a way I could have prevented either, creepers spawning over my head or over a doorway...I've rage quit twice in as many days, but I still come back, reluctantly...

haha, yeah he probably rage quit but he'll be back playing it soon, I give him a week. I really don't like the new monster difficulty on the update, it makes the game a lot less fun. I never play on safe mode (or however they call it, pussy or faggot mode?) so I end up dying a lot and losing my gear. And it's not in a way I could have prevented either, creepers spawning over my head or over a doorway...I've rage quit twice in as many days, but I still come back, reluctantly...

i ended up on a huge pillar of dirt cos fucking creepers all around blew up my house. literally nothing in my inv, on top of a pillar of dirt about 30 blocks high, surrounded by 8 creeper, surrounded by about 10 skeletons all trying to shoot shit at me :facepalm:

it's a lot harder since the update.

me too, the bastards blew up my house four times! Sometimes it seems they blow up even when I'm not around, one morning I wandered outside and found a huge crater, in another part of my map I was wandering down a corridor only to find that the wood door on the other end was missing and water was pouring in. I hadn't been there for a while :shrug:

the funny thing about the update is I'm spending a lot more time in hell cause it's just a safer, nicer place. I just turn the volume way down so I don't hear constant shrieking. I doubt notch was trying to get that outcome, where people would have more fun in hell than on "earth".

Guest AcrossCanyons

I don't think the difficulty is that much harder. Cotch in my house until nights over then go out and kill all the remaining creepers by hand. (running around at night means death whatever you do anyway, even pre-update)

I started a new world to see what new worlds could look like with the biomes and stuff and I have an incredible looking world. Might take a few screenshots soon.

I don't have things spawning inside my house at all. I just keep putting many many torches on the walls and the floor which keep them away. did you guys not do that?

i dunno, imo it's a lot harder. I used to be able to run around a lot at night before with no consequences, just keep moving and dodge a spider or skeleton. Now the spiders seem faster and the creepers drop out of nowhere more frequently. And the increased spawning at depth is also way more noticeable. Of course I've put up more torches, but there are still more random spawns even in well-lit areas.

there seem to be much more caves now that there used to be or I just did not discover them before? :shrug:

but I just went deep into the structure and I found many more monsters too so I agree. on the other hand its much more fun if you are in real danger instead of just building stuff and feel in danger but nothing much happens

Archived