IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

Guest Drahken

Let me know when you guys move spawn, I'll probably wait till then to get too deep into the server. Next week with 1.4 release would be a good time for it, the pvp servers will probably be down while they repair plugins so I won't be distracted.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm gonna get on this pretty soon. does anyone want to collaborate on a massive underwater fortress with me when i do? i've been practicing on my singleplayer map. takes a while to lay down all of the glass but it looks pretty awesome.

what are you doing? the ol lay down gravel/sand, then hollow it out thing?

regardless you'll have plenty of collaborators on the server.

in my singleplayer game i just laid down a whole sheet of glass underwater (with a stone border) and then carefully dug out the sand underneath the glass. haven't done much yet but it looks pretty sweet.

just gotta make sure you don't break the glass, heh.

if you wanna breach the surface with it, the best tactic is to dive down and make a single pillar of sand or gravel from the ocean floor, then surface and trace 1 block outside the outline of your epic surface dome or whatever. then skirt around it and fill it in (sand and gravel drop innit) - i prefer gravel cos it's fucking useless. then dig out everything except the outline and wall the interior with glass or whatever. and finally dig away the surrounding sand or gravel. et voila, underwater base that reaches the surface.

either that or take the rather extreme workaround of using the grey goo mod and KILLING THE OCEAN. someone needs to convert this to make it ICE-9 a la vonnegut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbzfDh5bY8

edit: also, he ignored a buncha clay. if the mod didn't convince you he was insane, this should.

if you wanna breach the surface with it, the best tactic is to dive down and make a single pillar of sand or gravel from the ocean floor, then surface and trace 1 block outside the outline of your epic surface dome or whatever. then skirt around it and fill it in (sand and gravel drop innit) - i prefer gravel cos it's fucking useless. then dig out everything except the outline and wall the interior with glass or whatever. and finally dig away the surrounding sand or gravel. et voila, underwater base that reaches the surface.

yep, i did something like this. not quite as elegant, it's just a 'chimney' with a ladder. i did it in a fairly shallow area though, so it's not quite as amazing as i'd like it to be!

Guest Pennywise

it's like the works of a villain in some studio ghibli film or something.

that bastard! that bastard dried out all the world's water!

lol

I had my first Minecraft dream the other night! I was definitely hitting a monster, shrouded in a brown cloud (probably farting my sleep) repeatedly with a wooden sword, and a friend of mine made an arcade game machine out of paper. You put quarters (iron? lol) in and get food out of it.

Jesus, this thing infiltrates even non-players!!

yep, i had a dream the other night that my girlfriend played minecraft, and she built a big gorgeous palace that was eventually partially destroyed by a meteor shower :shrug:

Guest Franklin

I had my first Minecraft dream the other night! I was definitely hitting a monster, shrouded in a brown cloud (probably farting my sleep) repeatedly with a wooden sword, and a friend of mine made an arcade game machine out of paper. You put quarters (iron? lol) in and get food out of it.

Jesus, this thing infiltrates even non-players!!

encey you need to man up and play the game. right now you're that virgin kid that nods along with the older kids talking about how awesome sex is.

you need minecraft, in your butt!

If I started playing, that would completely destroy my life and career prospects. I waste enough time watching Yogscast vidoes!

edit: *videos

Guest Pennywise

If I started playing, that would completely destroy my life and career prospects. I waste enough time watching Yogscast vidoes!

edit: *videos

you're absolutely right. It is very sensible to not play minecraft

Archived