IGNORED

Stephen Colbert Opening Statement

skotosa

Fail how? I think its pretty good and he is like Semi in Character semi not. Maybe not even at all.

People are laughing you just can't hear it cause they focused in on his voice. At the end when they cut the focus you can hear everyone laughing. This is pure gold.

Because it's something he's passionate about and he's intelligent and could have made more of an impact if he had just said how he feels instead of adding a comedic twist to it.

Because it's something he's passionate about and he's intelligent and could have made more of an impact if he had just said how he feels instead of adding a comedic twist to it.

Maybe... Thats how he does it though, by being sarcastic and making fun of their ideas in front of them. Pretending to a agree to their absurd ideas while letting them know how absurd their ideas just are.

This Video also has the part where they asked him to leave edited out. The guy later apologizes for asking him to leave.

He says more...

Guest Scrambled Ears

i guess the invisible hand doesnt like to pick beans...

people seem to either love it or hate it but definitely some of the jokes were too stupid for a courtroom

i guess the invisible hand doesnt like to pick beans...

people seem to either love it or hate it but definitely some of the jokes were too stupid for a courtroom

ANnnnnndddd thats why everyone laughed...

PS. Thats not a court room, its a ccongressional subcommittee.

Boom Roasted.

it was funny but without the laughs, it kinda sounded awkward.

Agreed, but they toned them down so you could hear him speak. I didn't need to hear them laugh, the laughter from my family and I filled that void up.

Guest Adjective

why wouldn't he play his character? his character is the only reason he got there. it helped bring attention to the issue. i actually heard a racist glenn beck watching acquaintance bring this up in conversation last night, i'd say that's a win.

colbert very rarely speaks out of character. sarcasm and reductio ad absurdum are his schtick, and I would argue that to make public statements out of character which plainly state his actual beliefs would negatively effect the power and efficiency of his character

that said, I agree that this speech was a bit weak

Thank YOU! At least some people see the brilliance this man has and does.

That Bush Roast is priceless. Funnest thing is Bush probably didn't even know what the hell he was saying. But by George this man is something else.

Whose down to go to his Rally? I'm gonna get my Ticket and go. THE RALLY TO KEEP FEAR ALIVE!!!!! HURRY RUN!! YOUR CATS BEHIND YOU WITH A KNIFE !!!

i don't see anything wrong with it. And i find it hilarious that people took offense to it since he treated it as a joke (since congress is supposed to be serious) . 99% of congress appears in character anyways, nothing wrong with Colbert doing it too

Fuck y'all, Colbert has bigger balls than watmm combined

His technique is genius

back then they were a lot bigger, but yeah agreed.

without bothering with the thread (yeah i'm badarse(ass for you honkeez)). I would state that that the US has had an unfair competitive advantage due to undocumented labour, for too long. Either get with the wto program internationally or sanction burdened you should be. seriously, we don't have illegal labour to harvest our internationally traded crops, fuckers, pretending to be our friends whilst fucking us over in every way (including by introducing wheat pathogens to ruin local production (we know that you did it)) ...

The only fail is when that dumbass congresswoman, Sheila Jackson Lee, starts texting during the speech @ 4:42. It's not the first time she's done it either. This moron also declared multiple times that North and South Vietnam exist earlier this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3rTUgoQD4

Archived