IGNORED

University Dilemma

Guest tompty

i do not find this a true university dilemma.... why should a guys life be ruin just cuz something he did in the past which hes already been punished of??? as uk rock superstars the beatles woudl say... "let him be"

you tried too hard in that post, sup

sup's posting of Deanna Troi in the empathy thread surely gets him a free pass, i lol'd. May your life be a long and ban-free one, sup.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Karnov

So yeah,

Started the 1st year of a degree last week and have been doing freshers stuff etc. Anyways, this one boy in my class keeps on following me around, being well intense, odd and just plain psycho. Out of interest I googled his name to see if he is on any social networking sites to try and figure him out.

First result turns out to be a story about a paedophile who was convicted of possessing / distributing material. Same peculiar name, age, specific location down to the road and description, so basically him but cant be 100% sure yet. In the report it said he was spared jail but on the offenders register.

So I dont really get it. I really dont want to be doing course work / discussions etc with a self-confessed paedophile so what, do I tell the university? Surely they must know about the conviction? I suppose if they said no to get rid of him I could tell everyone and make him leave?

What would you do?

its soooo i.d.m

Ask yourself - "Am I a 6 year old girl?"

If no - Just steer clear of the guy, if he seems like an arse anyway.

If yes - then, yes, you should be concerned. Speak to someone at your Uni. What the hell are you doing at university?

Guest Dirty Protest

I have a friend, who had a 16yo girlfriend when he was 17. The girls father hated him and told the police they were having sex and he was put on the list. Ask him if he enjoys children and if he does hes probably best avoided, or just leave him with your niece and treat her like shes collateral damage for your moral sanctity, tough choices and all that.

Guest Dirty Protest

That was my point, but in the eyes of the British legal system he is a peadophile.

Edit:Sorry should state that in Northern Ireland the age of consent was 16 up until a couple of years ago, it was lowered after tougher penalities were brought in for overseas offences and the government realised that they were creating utter moral confusion in their own country.

It gets a bit muddled because you could be a child abuser (abuse of someone who is legally a child in that country) but at the same time not a paedophile because a paedo is someone who likes children that are prepubescent, whereas a child abuser could be someone who had sex with someone who was 15 or even 17 in the US.

just leave him alone. sex offenders are allowed to get an education too and this dude might be trying to straighten his life out. nothing is black and white. you don't know his situation. etc.

also, if you can't handle this, good luck in life. you'll meet tons of fucked up individuals in your stay on this planet--learn to deal.

however, if you see this guy doing suspicious things like hanging around the children's books section of the library, tell someone. that type of behavior is not good for the guy and it's not good for anyone else. remember, pedophiles are people with sexual urges too, but acting upon those urges can harm others, so they need to be kept in check.

You don't need a CIB check (think that's what it's called) to go to Uni. He's at uni ffs not a creche. I'm sure there's plenty of other fucked up souls there too. Future serial killers maybe. You don't actually know that it is this geezer.

Shame on you for Googling the bloke. However a fucked up person be that I was to meet, I would'nt bother trying to know the inside out of a ducks arse about him.

If he was too wierd I'd steer clear of him. If that doesn't work just tell him to fuck off.

Guest tompty

You don't need a CIB check (think that's what it's called) to go to Uni. He's at uni ffs not a creche. I'm sure there's plenty of other fucked up souls there too. Future serial killers maybe. You don't actually know that it is this geezer.

Shame on you for Googling the bloke. However a fucked up person be that I was to meet, I would'nt bother trying to know the inside out of a ducks arse about him.

If he was too wierd I'd steer clear of him. If that doesn't work just tell him to fuck off.

yeah, I do know what you mean. I probably shouldnt care, just feels a bit strange working with him knowing it. Like if you worked in a small office with someone who you know is a peadophile , of course its going to make you feel pretty awkward and different towards them. Would you honestly not care of feel different with them? To be honest, ill just give him the cold shoulder and hope that he stops speaking to me, he is a bit mental.

yeah, I do know what you mean. I probably shouldnt care, just feels a bit strange working with him knowing it. Like if you worked in a small office with someone who you know is a peadophile , of course its going to make you feel pretty awkward and different towards them. Would you honestly not care of feel different with them? To be honest, ill just give him the cold shoulder and hope that he stops speaking to me, he is a bit mental.

Just so you know, there are probably five other pedos in that class with you that you don't know about. Just chill the fuck out.

well my friend freshman year had a pedophile roommate. unreal. i guess he didn't like the kid so he got on his computer or something and came across a folder of pedo images. my favorite part of the story is that inside of that folder were pictures of one of our other guy friends!

pretty fucked up / hilarious.

my feeling being around that guy was i didn't like him, he was a little bitch, ugly, and creepy, but you deal with it.

we should have reported him back then. at least your guy has already been found out.

Archived