IGNORED

ever heard an aphex track while going out?

Guest dese manz hatin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ranky Redlof

I remember Legowelt spinning some analord tracks couple years ago. later that evening I got robbed by 14 year olds gangsters, the cops caught them and they spend couple of months in a youth detention centre (for a lousy 20 euros :emotawesomepm9:)

:aphexsign:

Guest bitroast

The same night Clark, Plaid and Bibio were playing in dublin there was another supporting DJ and he banged out a bit of windowlicker and later on played the pacman remix... pretty class night that was :)

yep, clark ripped out the pacman remix when i saw him in melbs. perhaps it was his 'thing' ?

Guest Backson

The same night Clark, Plaid and Bibio were playing in dublin there was another supporting DJ and he banged out a bit of windowlicker and later on played the pacman remix... pretty class night that was :)

yep, clark ripped out the pacman remix when i saw him in melbs. perhaps it was his 'thing' ?

must be his thing, he did it in Sydney too. And Dog by Sebastian. I was like "FUCK YEAH!"

what an awesome birthday. (except on of the guys i brought along was sitting in the corner covering his ears and complained about Clark all the way back home. fucking prick)

Guest Calx Sherbet

They used to play Windowlicker for the ambient music in the Nordstrom I used to work at.

hahahahaha, what??

Most bars where I live have jukeboxes with a pretty wide musical selection, including Aphex's Warp albums. I always put on something from drukqs.

my man. totally would've done the same! i would love to hear Taking Control or something in a setting like that

when i saw the title of the thread, i thought by "going out", he meant dying...i lol'd

People's reactions are funny. Last time I put on Mt. St Micheal

lol yeah I played Mt St mikey at a buffalo wild wings near chicago. after 2 min the owner shut it off and said dont ever play anything like that again, then i said, gimmie my dollar back. He gave me a dirty look as he pulled the dollar out of his pocket and gave it to me. I went back up and played windowlicker and they left it on.

i have got to find more jukeboxes like this

Guest GrandPopPoplock

They used to play Windowlicker for the ambient music in the Nordstrom I used to work at.

hahahahaha, what??

Most bars where I live have jukeboxes with a pretty wide musical selection, including Aphex's Warp albums. I always put on something from drukqs.

my man. totally would've done the same! i would love to hear Taking Control or something in a setting like that

when i saw the title of the thread, i thought by "going out", he meant dying...i lol'd

People's reactions are funny. Last time I put on Mt. St Micheal

lol yeah I played Mt St mikey at a buffalo wild wings near chicago. after 2 min the owner shut it off and said dont ever play anything like that again, then i said, gimmie my dollar back. He gave me a dirty look as he pulled the dollar out of his pocket and gave it to me. I went back up and played windowlicker and they left it on.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

thatboygood.gif

• 1 month later...

Went to a bar on monday with a friend, at first we were sitting at a table and then switched to the sofas in a corner. A few minutes after that they started playing Cliffs, including the rest of Selected Ambient Works II Disc 1.

:aphexsign:

The jukebox at the Tap & Tumbler in Nottingham used to be ace, an online one or something. We'd put stuff like Cock on which was a novelty to hear in a boozer. The sweaty metalheads who frequent the place must have had a strop about such tunes playing, as the jukebox had gone shit and boring last time I was in there. A dull story, but absolutely true.

Guest hahathhat

it occurred to me if i went out and they were playing aphex tracks back-to-back, i'd probably conclude he'd been hit by a bus or something and it was in memorandum. when/why else would that happen?

it occurred to me if i went out and they were playing aphex tracks back-to-back, i'd probably conclude he'd been hit by a bus or something and it was in memorandum. when/why else would that happen?

aphex_trophy.jpg

:shrug:

Guest alteR ideM

i've heard some djs drop aphex twin, not very often but its happened.. ive hear bucephalus bouncing ball, and windowlicker in some of dj screendoor (from milwaukee) play them back when he was still spinning mostly electronica/idm sets for sure...

True story.

A pub near me got one of those online jukeboxes. Always love them as I can raid loads of tunes which will upset all the chavs. I calmly drop the coins into the machine, press a few buttons and then watch as the poor public get jittery, pissed off and annoyed.

On this occasion the pub was full of diners as it was early evening. Everything was calm and collected, the coked-up chavs were nowhere to be seen, so I had a bit of mercy and decided not to put on some Obituary. Instead I opt for On by Ricardo Dee Jaymez.

The coins drop and then On drops. What the fuck came out over the next 5 minutes I have no idea! Some fucking twisted version of On, I think either the soundsystem couldn't cope with the tune, or the download was corrupted. The bassline was non-existent. There was just a monotonous (spelling!) clatter coming out the speakers. My mates were saying ''Fucking hell Quinny what the fuck is this?!''

''Errr It's Aphex. Sort of...'' was my reply.

By the end of it (even I was at the end of my tether lol), and the song finished and the silence came, I am not joking when the whole pub breathed a sigh of relief. And 30 punters all went into a spontaneous round of applause and all shouted ''Thank God for that!''

I think Richard would be happy with this story. Any of you secret squirrels out the who know him, you can tell him. Fucking gem.

I heard some saw82-94 slowed down in winamp at a diner

Shit, SAW I is 1985-1992...do you mean to tell me you heard some from 1982-1994? Slowed down?! :cerious: 1982--Richie probably didn't have a full complement of ginger in his nethers or his pits yet!

:facepalm: thanks for pointing that out lol. 82-94 if only.

Guest hahathhat

I think Richard would be happy with this story. Any of you secret squirrels out the who know him, you can tell him. Fucking gem.

i gave him a yell but he's out back mic-ing up some sheep. i found it hilarious though :tongue:

True story.

A pub near me got one of those online jukeboxes. Always love them as I can raid loads of tunes which will upset all the chavs. I calmly drop the coins into the machine, press a few buttons and then watch as the poor public get jittery, pissed off and annoyed.

On this occasion the pub was full of diners as it was early evening. Everything was calm and collected, the coked-up chavs were nowhere to be seen, so I had a bit of mercy and decided not to put on some Obituary. Instead I opt for On by Ricardo Dee Jaymez.

The coins drop and then On drops. What the fuck came out over the next 5 minutes I have no idea! Some fucking twisted version of On, I think either the soundsystem couldn't cope with the tune, or the download was corrupted. The bassline was non-existent. There was just a monotonous (spelling!) clatter coming out the speakers. My mates were saying ''Fucking hell Quinny what the fuck is this?!''

''Errr It's Aphex. Sort of...'' was my reply.

By the end of it (even I was at the end of my tether lol), and the song finished and the silence came, I am not joking when the whole pub breathed a sigh of relief. And 30 punters all went into a spontaneous round of applause and all shouted ''Thank God for that!''

Brilliant...

I was in a czech pub (incidently called the Czech Inn lulz) when two foreign lads banged on Windowlicker on the jukebox. Then then proceeded up to the tiny dancefloor and started giving it socks. The dancefloor was amazing, a 3m x 3m dark corner with a mirror and a shit load of lasers and a disco ball. It was pretty idm :trashbear:

Archived