IGNORED

Third Eye Foundation - The Dark

nailik

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i love matt elliot releases under his own name but never got into thirdeye oddly. drum n bass is just kinda tired. as soon as the beats came in i was bored

looks like i missed a couple of albums under his name. last one i got was drinking songs

indeed you should give another go round - the discription you gave above in all kindness makes me think you might be missing more then a couple

i poo poo on your juju

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X997oOjSNwg

looks like i missed a couple of albums under his name. last one i got was drinking songs

indeed you should give another go round - the discription you gave above in all kindness makes me think you might be missing more then a couple

i poo poo on your juju

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X997oOjSNwg

no i missed the albums under his own name (matt elliott) - howling songs and failed songs. i heard poo poo

no i missed the albums under his own name (matt elliott) - howling songs and failed songs. i heard poo poo

If you can, you should seek out the 4xCD 'Songs' pack (Failed Songs, Howling Songs, Failing Songs, Drinking Songs). Even though I already had Drinking Songs, I thought getting another 3 albums (then selling the already bought Drinking Songs) for £15 was definitely worth it.

Matt Elliot solo stuff has a Tom Waits feel to me...

TEF electronics few and far between

really excited to hear what he has to show (as TEF) after the long hiatus...

descriptions i've been reading round the net nearly scared me off but the way you describe it is intriguing - if i was to sample one which would you recommend to start?

Probably just the first one of the Songs 'trilogy' (Drinking Songs) - The other two are very similar in style so if you like it you'll like the others (Plus you get a 'Third Eye Foundation' style track at the end of the album)

Or if you want something less Polish dirge-style and more Danny Elfman dark fantasy-esque you could try the first album he did under his own name (The Mess We Made), it'll give you an introduction to the vocal style he uses on some of the tracks and is a little less 'depressing' (not to say the others are bad for being like that)

EDIT: Actually listening to it again now, definitely go for The Mess We Made - it's a bloody great little album, I'd quite forgotten how good it is.

Matt Elliot solo stuff has a Tom Waits feel to me...

yeah true. its the old waits drinking songs mixed with the mid-period waits instrumentation. accordians, marimbas and such like.

edit: edit its not a vocal impression of waits and its way more morose

• 2 weeks later...

Just got any email from Boomkat - Bloody thing is out of stock. Why couldn't they tell me that a week ago when I placed the order ...

Yeah, strange as boomkat never even stocked it it seems - I got a copy here http://www.normanrecords.com/vinyl/120564-the-third-eye-foundation-the-dark Not cheap but you do get the CD thrown in.

Archived