IGNORED

Pretty Hate Machine re-issue

Guest Fishtank

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit surprised he went the loud route, given that that track he did earlier this year for the Iron Man movie (the Japanese Iron Man movie) had some of the biggest volume shifts I've heard in a while.

Tetsuo: The Bullet Man

while i agree on the dynamics side, this track definitely does hit 0dB quite a few times. still, there's a hell of a lot more dynamic range in this track alone than in the entire remaster of PHM - even beating Something I Can Never Have in terms of dynamics

Guest esstevancarlos

I'm a bit surprised he went the loud route, given that that track he did earlier this year for the Iron Man movie (the Japanese Iron Man movie) had some of the biggest volume shifts I've heard in a while.

while i agree on the dynamics side, this track definitely does hit 0dB quite a few times. still, there's a hell of a lot more dynamic range in this track alone than in the entire remaster of PHM - even beating Something I Can Never Have in terms of dynamics

Not to change the subject, but can any recommend articles, tutorials or books on the subject of compression/dynamic techniques. I'm well versed in broad concepts as I studied it but never got a handle on practical aspects with recorded music.

Not to change the subject, but can any recommend articles, tutorials or books on the subject of compression/dynamic techniques. I'm well versed in broad concepts as I studied it but never got a handle on practical aspects with recorded music.

this is a great book

Bob Katz - Mastering Audio: The Art And The Science

Archived