IGNORED

Pretty Hate Machine re-issue

Guest Fishtank

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone finally offered Trent some money to remaster it eh?

Might check it out. Listening to PHM brings some serious nostalgia.

PHM is the sort of 80s album that could do well with a remastering. I'll probably check this out. Bit of a shame there's no mention of bonus material being taken out of the vault for the reissue, but it seems like most of the unreleased material from that era is already easily available.

Guest Greg Reason

I hope it comes with the demo ep

Also , fragile ultimate edition coming soon

hopefully they finally decided to take out starfuckers

this.

And while they're at it they could pull No, You Don't as well :biggrin:

i didn't get into nin until the downward spiral came out. then i gave pretty hate machine a listen. downward spiral i still listen to to this day. i haven't heard pretty hate machine in probably 15 years. the only moment i remember really enjoying about the album was the the last few minutes of ring finger.

that being said. i like the artwork withouth the magenta-ish hue.

^I like NIN, but I do have to admit some of the lyrics on PHM are pretty emo:

How could you turn me into this?

After you just taught me how to kiss you.

I told you I'd never say goodbye.

Now I'm slipping on the tears you made me cry.

Really, though, how many people here listen to NIN primarily for the lyrics? *doesn't raise hand*

Guest BellaKrymsin

really don't understand why people are saying that this album needs a remaster.

Agreed. This album was perfect as is. I don't understand why both the music and film industry feels the need to fuck things up. Like for example The Crow. :angry:

really don't understand why people are saying that this album needs a remaster.

Agreed. This album was perfect as is. I don't understand why both the music and film industry feels the need to fuck things up. Like for example The Crow. :angry:

Yeah I don't think it sounds particularly dated. Been a while since I played it, but still.

An album from the same era that desperately needs a remaster is Faith No More's The Real Thing.

Yeah I don't think it sounds particularly dated. Been a while since I played it, but still.

Oh man, it really does sound dated. Hahaha

Doesn't really need a remaster though I agree. A lot of the time the "sound" of an album is what makes it so memorable. Although, there are some albums that could use touching up... Cleanse, Fold and Manipulate by Skinny Puppy stands out as one for me.

i remember when i heard the 5.1 remaster of The Downward Spiral.

mixing it in 5.1 completely sucked the life and power out of the tracks.

Mr. Self Destruct no longer smacked you in the fucking face.

so yeah, i'm gonna be waiting to hear a leak of this before i lay down any money on a vinyl pressing. i only recently spent a bit of money on the 180 gram pressing of the original cut, only to be disappointed in the lack of volume and abundance of surface noise, for supposed 'virgin' vinyl.

Archived