IGNORED

I just bought a

BCM

recently sold my Future Retro Revolution after realising I don't really like it that much, and with the proceeds have today bought a Dark Energy :) only just placed the order to Musikhaus Thomann so will be a week or so before I get my hands on it, but am really quite excited!

anyone else got one?

the DE's a no brainer if you want to get into modular style analogue, the midi/cv is almost worth the unit alone

had a revolution, amazing sequencer but the sound was a bit to clean, picked up a TBX303 dirt cheap a little while ago which fills my acid needs but the DE would have been my 2nd choice

I hated the sequencer - that's the main reason I got rid of it lol....stupid circle thing... sounded good though, but not quite as organic and thick as a x0xb0x imo, sounded more piercing and had a more pronounced top end I thought....the on board FX were shit too. nah, all in all I was never really into it....swapped it for my old ASB Pro12 as well, took a bath on that deal man...

well, I got it yesterday, took it home, played with it for 5 minutes and then the LFO 1 toggle switch snapped off in my hand :( so I've got to send it back :( :(

I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks....

unfortunately yeah, just snapped off after about 5 minutes of use, sure it's just bad luck though, the build quality is superb apart from that and it sounds great. i'm gutted really and nearly just fucking kept it because i really don't want to wait another couple of weeks till they send a replacement, but in the end i obviously have to get it replaced. musikhaus thomann are being really cool about it, sent me a prepaid UPS label to send it back with and stuff.

• 2 months later...

Archived