IGNORED

oh NME you crack me up!

MildewOnRice

Bleeps top10 is pretty fair imo.

I felt that Bleep's Top10 was largely a joke and nothing more than further advertisement for their site...

You gotta love when a site that sells music gives their top ten list and then conveniently has links for you to buy it from them....

This

I fucking hate NME. End of.

once upon a time it was not a bad music paper at all. the rot set in around the time the strokes/white stripes made it big and conor mcnichols took the helm.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Bleeps top10 is pretty fair imo.

I felt that Bleep's Top10 was largely a joke and nothing more than further advertisement for their site...

Yes. NEU '86 ???? Bleep should be hacked for that.

Guest Backson

to be fair, i loved King Night

this

plus, Crystal Castles II should be up there...

that's fucking right WATTUM, what the fuck yall gonna do now?

Guest disparaissant

stridulum ii is amazing but it's not really an album, just an ep with extra tracks. i guess that makes it an album i dunno.

i also really liked teen dream.

and king night was okay, didn't crack my top arbitrary number list mostly just because it kind of goes on and on and on, would be much better pared down imo.

and nme is trash.

You gotta love when a site that sells music gives their top ten list and then conveniently has links for you to buy it from them....

It's probably a top ten of the most CDs they've got left over.

Guest Backson

i think Salem is one of my favourites.

mainly because I've had time to study and absorb it.

couple of tracks I can't stand though. like the last one. so every time I listen to the album, I end on such an annoyed note. imagine that!

these days, it's basically heat magazine for indie kids.

Same as last time I looked in the the heyday of The Strokes then. I'll cling to my memories of interviews with Pete Shelley and The Fall, and the Millie Tant lesbian diatribes of Jane Solanas.

Guest Beefuncle

MildewOnRice, on 01 December 2010 - 04:24 PM, said:

chassis, on 01 December 2010 - 03:24 PM, said:

Im confused. What were you actually expecting from NME? Bleeps top 10 was pretty predictable.

Coalbucket PI, on 01 December 2010 - 03:37 PM, said:

Its NME, and nobody ever agrees with top ten lists, something about them being 'subjective', or something, whatever

wasn't trying to say we should be shocked by this.

just thought it was an interesting look into what ppl enjoy these days.

NME has always been biased towards a particular sort of sound. You might see them step outside that once or twice but all these albums are very much up NMEs alley.

In the same way Bleep is pretty biased towards a more electronic sound.

Guest Beefuncle

WATTM won't let me edit my post that I fucked up so apologies for spamming this thread this is what i intended........

NME has always been biased towards a particular sort of sound. You might see them step outside that once or twice but all these albums are very much up NMEs alley.

Implying that NME are biased towards a particular sound implies that they actually give a shit about music.

NME simply follow trends, they try to portray themselves as the people who subvert popular culture which used to be the case for them. Since gaining influence they've cultivated a huge market and brought "indie bands" to most peoples attention but these bands aren't independent anymore they just sound it because they've ripped off the bands who were independent and intentionally elusive. These are the bands who are topping the charts now and it's because of NME's "sub-culture", not so sub anymore they'll just make them think that while they laugh all they way to the fancy hat emporium.

Indie culture as far as rock is concerned is dead now because new "alt rock" bands are trying to get rich and don't care about the music by copying the sound of their predecessors. NME has been awful years but they're an extremely successful business now not the voice of reason they used to be.

And anyway who really gives a fuck?

sit back and stick on some afx!!

NME has just come out with it's top 10 lists for this year - even tho we still have a month to go but that's not the point here.

Ok, so the official top 10 albums of the year are...

1. These New Puritans – 'Hidden'

2. Arcade Fire – 'The Suburbs'

3. Beach House – 'Teen Dream'

4. LCD Soundsystem – 'This Is Happening'

5. Laura Marling – 'I Speak Because I Can'

6. Foals – 'Total Life Forever'

7. Zola Jesus – 'Stridulum II'

8. Salem – 'King Night'

9. Liars – 'Sisterworld'

10. The Drums – 'The Drums'

and the official, undisputed top 10 tracks of 2k10 are...

1. Foals – 'Spanish Sahara'

2. MIA – 'XXXO'

3. Janelle Monae – 'Tightrope'

4. Kanye West – 'Power'

5. Arcade Fire – 'We Used To Wait'

6. Gorillaz – 'Stylo'

7. Surfer Blood – 'Swim'

8. Grinderman – 'Heathen Child'

9. Zola Jesus – 'Night'

10. The Fall – 'Bury Pts 2 +4'

we live in a beautiful world, watmm.

i've only heard of a few of those bands/people. there's a lot to be said for living a sheltered life. lol

OMgz guys! Why is their no IDMz on this list huh? Autechre should hav ben on dat list! ONE! Pop iz 4 suckaz!!! Peeps who dont listn to IDMZ dont no was up okay? Fuck radio. lolz. ok. & why dont thei play AFX on the radio huh? Oh rit, thats bc peeps who listn to the radio arent intelligent enuf for intelligent dance music! We live in a beautiful wrorld, watmm. hah lolz.

Lol. Bang onz.

Guest Beefuncle

i've only heard of a few of those bands/people. there's a lot to be said for living a sheltered life. lol

Beach House are great, everyone else on the list can suck my fat one :biggrin:

Archived