IGNORED

i just broke my sleep deprivation record

Guest Helper ET

What's wrong with all of you? Sleep is awesome.

Exactly, a better question would be: How many hours have you gone without waking up. I've done nearly 24 before, but that was only once when I was a kid and doesn't really count as I was on general anaesthetic - so I'd say possibly 15 hours sans medication maybe.... Once you get past the 12 hour mark I've noticed that my dreams definitely get more surreal and Lynchian.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, a better question would be: How many hours have you gone without waking up. I've done nearly 24 before, but that was only once when I was a kid and doesn't really count as I was on general anaesthetic - so I'd say possibly 15 hours sans medication maybe.... Once you get past the 12 hour mark I've noticed that my dreams definitely get more surreal and Lynchian.

Word, I've had some amazing dreams during prolonged sleep. Sleep deprivation is for nutters.

edit: and younglings.

Guest Calx Sherbet

sleep a long time = WEIRD assed dreams

I didnt sleep for 2 weeks when I had a manic episode. I have witnesses

i don't know if i've gone 2 weeks but i have had moments where i realized that i don't remember the last time i slept and friends have told me it's been ~5 days.

lol, your avatar freaked me out when i noticed it was animated

Guest happycase

damn it. now that im thinking about it all, i shouldnt of done the drugs. drugs are bad mmkay? i was going strong. i bet i would still be awake...laughing at 60 hours, and staring at the wake of 72.

oh well, maybe i would have crashed anyway. okay now im done goodnight

ps - about 60 hours

IMO, you fell asleep just before doing drugs, therefore you did drugs and fell asleep.

Guest Helper ET

hey there folks. im awake!

slept around 10 hours or so. i feel, really, freaking, amazing. my mind is clear as a blue sky, its flowing in and out of thoughts beautifully, less sharp edges. my body feels incredibly healthy. i laugh in the face of science

i don't like being awake from the last day when the sun rises for the new day. actually sunny days in general tend to bother me

when i was a kid my brother and i used to do "missions" to stay up as long as possible and sneak around and brew double roast coffee to get high

the past year i've been more akin to a hibernating bear i try to see how long i can go without waking up / getting out of bed

over the past few years the bed/bathroom and beyond thing has been playing on my mind. there are so many times i have to piss really bad but i really just want to continue relaxing. i often end up holding my bladder for extended periods of time. it's not good for you i'm pretty sure.

other times i've accumulated cups and water bottles full of piss which i set in discreet locations around my room, but that's generally not because of laziness but because i'm scared to leave my room for whatever reason. haha!!!

what do you count as waking up? do you mean constant, uninterrupted sleep? i always wake up after 6 hours or so even if i intend to sleep for extended periods of time.

fuck, i slept a lot today. i blame my girlfriend - she's a really hardcore sleeper

edit: i do love the really fucked up dreams that come from extended sleep. in fact, i had a minor lucid dream this morning.

Guest disparaissant

i dont think ive ever gone more than 6-8 hours uninterrupted. ive not left bed for a week and a half before (see: opposite of mania) but i can't just sleep and sleep and sleep.

hey there folks. im awake!

slept around 10 hours or so. i feel, really, freaking, amazing. my mind is clear as a blue sky, its flowing in and out of thoughts beautifully, less sharp edges. my body feels incredibly healthy. i laugh in the face of science

Get a job.

Archived