IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! !!-11-11

skotosa

This game is ugly, running everything on ultra and it looks like garbage, I do not understand how they went backwards. Beyond that the gameplay seems ok...time will tell.

wait...i thought you weren't going to play/buy it? or is there a trial/demo version you are using?

I said I wasn't hyped for it, not that I wasn't going to buy it. But yeah I don't get all the praise thus far, very puzzled.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

Clicking ultra, or any of the other presets, from the launcher doesn't seem to work btw in case you set the graphics that way. I had to click advanced and set stuff in there.

Accidentally found that place where you go do the Golden Claw quest for the wizard-guy (like the first quest) before I went there... that was pretty funny. The dialogue option was 'Oh, you mean this?' First dragon was a little too easy though...

What kind of characters are you all playing? I'm currently a heavy armoured jack-of-all-trades with a focus on Destruction. If there were fucking hotkeys it would make magic a bit more fun though... pausing to switch out equipment/spells (even with the favourites menu) is really annoying.

does it have that hotkey wheel like in Oblivion? it made it waaaay more easier on the PS3 with that wheel.

You get two weapon set hotkeys, that's it.

What kind of characters are you all playing? I'm currently a heavy armoured jack-of-all-trades with a focus on Destruction. If there were fucking hotkeys it would make magic a bit more fun though... pausing to switch out equipment/spells (even with the favourites menu) is really annoying.

I agree that it sucks how time consuming it is to switch spells and so on, but it's not really crippling, because after a while you totally get used to it.

I am kind of a jack-of-all-trades as well at the moment, as I use destruction in one hand, an axe in the other, and I sneak, lockpick, pickpocket, and use light armor like a thief. It'll probably stay that way, because in the elder scrolls games, I like to do every faction's quests on one character if I can, and then move on to doing specialized characters on my later playthroughs.

My one real complaint about the game is that everyone within a race kind of looks the almost exactly same with the new face generator. It kind of reminds me of Morrowind more than it does Oblivion, which is not a bad thing, but I do miss being harassed by babyfaced guards.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I pissed off a guard at Whiterun, but at this point I was untouchable so I told him to naff off. Later, while trotting about on a horse that I found, I see that three guys are following me. They don't run, they're just in the distance walking in my direction, changing paths as I do. I find a good spot and sneak-shoot them all with Lydia, they're still pretty tough though. According to a contract on one of the bodies, "Whiterun Guard" had put a hit out on me. So watch it, they don't really seem to look the other way.

how come i never ever heard about the elder scrolls series until all the skyrim hype? is it wort getting into from the start?

Yes. If you have not played Morrowind or Oblivion, you are really missing out. Absolutely essential in PC gaming history, and Xbox history as well if you're a console user. The expansions are great for both as well.

Arena and Daggerfall take a bit more patience, but if you like DOS RPGs, they are some of the best in their field. Both are free on the official site. http://www.elderscrolls.com

Guest bitroast

absolutely loving the music in this game. especially when travelling the vast landscapes, the music contributes a lot to the overall experience. loooooving it.

I pissed everyone in Whiterun off by getting caught sneaking into an old woman's house. I spent an hour trying to fight off all of the town guards at level 5. It didn't work. I was kind of hoping that they would leave me alone now that I've left the town, but it sounds like those asshats are gonna be on my trail. Dammit

So I was making my way to Ivarstead and just generally wandering about, and I found these Imperial merchants who were going to a wedding somewhere... I thought about killing them but decided against it. About five feet up the trail, I was attacked by a sabretooth, which proceeded to maul my level 5 dual-wielding ass. I reloaded and found it again, but led it back to the merchants. It killed them all, they almost killed it, and I finished it off. Dead sabretooth, free loot! :D

...I need to get a house to store my shit though... where's a cheap one at?

So I was making my way to Ivarstead and just generally wandering about, and I found these Imperial merchants who were going to a wedding somewhere... I thought about killing them but decided against it. About five feet up the trail, I was attacked by a sabretooth, which proceeded to maul my level 5 dual-wielding ass. I reloaded and found it again, but led it back to the merchants. It killed them all, they almost killed it, and I finished it off. Dead sabretooth, free loot! :D

...I need to get a house to store my shit though... where's a cheap one at?

i just found those guys too. they started freaking out because there was a dragon up ahead. it was an lol.

*scrolls*

lol.

so, against my better judgement, i bought this. dealing with a stressful consulting project, so i figured "fuck it, time for some escapism"...

the music is great. the gameplay isn't bad, so far. it's definitely addictive. just like oblivion, i quickly found myself just trying to master the various level treadmills instead of advancing the "plot".

i'm playing the ps3 version, and while it mostly looks decent enough, there are times when the textures are just absolutely crap. particularly on rocky mountain areas, when you're up close. it's amazing how they still haven't managed to solve this problem. the visuals degrade to something i'd expect from a nintendo 64 game:

4mslv.jpg

I'm a LVL 11 Nord single-handed weapons and shield character. This game is amazing so far. I've been playing it on my PS3. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I just met the greybeards and am still in the temple at the top of the mountain.

I can't wait to get into the assassins guild. Those were my favourite quests in Oblivion. I've been doing some Companion/Warriors Guild quests. I'm at least a member now.

Is anyone else having as much trouble with trolls that I'm having? They're almost impossible. If there is more than 1, it's definitely impossible. Should I lower the difficulty or something. Cuz this is just nuts fighting them.

Gonna go play it now. :gamer:

welp i got bored of it already, it is oblivion with dragons, shit graphics, awful physics and frankly a boring as fuck script, the vocal talents suck and i didnt feel engrossed it in AT ALL, how they keep regurgitating this same shit and not get flak for it ill never know, its like the 100 iterations of cod with new maps.

i do not get it.

now ima go buy a ps3 just to play dark souls which is at least one million times superior to this game in every single way.

Archived