IGNORED

VHS Head Video

Terpentintollwut

If jumping from furniture piece to furniture piece has taught us one thing it's this - EVERYONE loves lava!

I don't quite get where Bob sees the Itsu similarities though...?

Mainly how they try to take something mundane and make it oddly creepy, the stutter frame effects, the lava, and Edward James Olmos.

Guest Clipwave

Mmmm, this could be maybe 4 minutes instead of 6, but some of the punchlines are pretty great (the waffles, the bunny, the lava). Out of curiosity, how long did this take to assemble?

Mmmm, this could be maybe 4 minutes instead of 6, but some of the punchlines are pretty great (the waffles, the bunny, the lava). Out of curiosity, how long did this take to assemble?

It's been resting on my drive since last December, I started chopping up some bits shortly after Video Club and Mary Anne Hobbes mix came out. I didn't work on it after that for almost a year, until November, then I started to cut some more (as a distraction from the actual film project I'm doing at the moment...), I finished it up over the past week. The majority of it was done since November. It did take me quite a bit of working time all together but I am a slow worker when it comes to these things. I'd say about a day for each part (=each track-extract)

The reason I asked so much about Itsu is that I'm actually pretty sure that I wasn't inspired by the Itsu video, instead I was influenced by another Plaid-video called "Ladies Bürsten" which my best friend made some years ago. :wink: It's not online but I have a copy of it here. Maybe I'll upload it as well, I should ask him, he doesn't seem to like his video as much as I do.

Is there lava in Itsu? I haven't seen it in a while, but it's a good video anyway.

Shit Terp, I didn't realize it was your video, otherwise I would've phrased those things a bit more constructively :cisfor: Anyway there's no lava (or Edward James Olmos) in the Itsu video, just the other 2 things I found similar.

Oh and upon a second viewing the Wolfenstein thing is mint...

Alright there you go, put it on mediafire for the moment (wmv)

Ladies Bürsten (by Phil)

I find it quite hilarious. He did it when he was on vacation in France, every night when he couldn't sleep, he'd cut a little bit on his laptop. He sampled a documentary about "Autonomia", some independent-living-project for old people. Some scenes are actually hard to watch for me, the whole atmosphere is just so utterly cringeworthy.

Please don't re-upload it anywhere for the moment, I'd like to ask him first before posting it on any of the streaming portals. Although I believe he somewhat agreed that it should be shared with the public before. :wink:

Archived