IGNORED

Netflix

halisray

it is totally worth it, i never dl movies anymore, NEVER since netflix. For $7 it is well worth it. Although you can't get everything streaming, there is just so much shit that you can get it doesn't matter at all. You have hundreds of films to watch while you do wait for a dvd to show up. and the variety is intense, I mean they have the entire criterion collection as a reference point.

Guest Enter a new display name

I live in a country where internet pricing and bandwidth make a service like netflix inconceivable :facepalm:

I was about to mention it since halisray and I live in Quebec. ISPs are sitting on a pile of money while offering us a ridiculously low download/upload cap.

I live in a country where internet pricing and bandwidth make a service like netflix inconceivable :facepalm:

I was about to mention it since halisray and I live in Quebec. ISPs are sitting on a pile of money while offering us a ridiculously low download/upload cap.

hmmm.. I have a 75GB per month cap, is that okay if I use Netflix?

Guest Ricky Downtown

yo i was just about to netflix then saw this thread! yes it's worth it, but i wouldn't pay more than i am right now. they've got plenty of shitty movies to watch online and not as many good ones. but there are a buttload of movies to choose from. you also get a lot of good tv shows as well. i'm bout to watch waterworld

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Does Netflix have Black Swan 2010 DVDSCR XviD-TiMKY? No? Oh that's too bad my free intranet sites still do

hmmm.. I have a 75GB per month cap, is that okay if I use Netflix?

The problem though is that the CRTC just bent over and allowed Bell to cap ALL the ISPs at 60GB starting at some point next year.

Goodbye TekSavvy.. you were nice while you lasted.

I've been an Netfix subscriber (2 DVDs at a time option) for a long time now, and have used the streaming on the Mac, PS3, and now the iPad (really fun to watch that way). I'm getting ready to cancel since we watch perhaps 2 or 3 movies a month, and even the 8 bucks a month streaming-only option isn't really worth it when I can use VUDU or the PSN Video Store and buy/rent a movie in 1080P/5.1 surround sound (and the latest stuff, date and day with the BD/DVD releases), or, worst case scenenario, go to Blockbuster or RedBox (DVD/BD disc rental kiosks) and get a physical release just as easy.

I'm frankly getting over physical releases altogether (I was one of those "rent n' copy" folks), as I looked at my stack of 200+ DVD-Rs and said to myself "am I really gonna watch all that someday?" No, of course not - much more practical to just rent it when I want to watch it, and be done with it - no managing of a physical copy anymore, no worrying about technology getting outdated and having to buy a new version, etc. It's liberating in a sense. My only regret with cancelling Netflix is the loss of my classic Doctor Who DVDs, which in a worst-case scenario, I pony up and buy them at the store, or download them from [insert torrent site of choice] if I want to see them bad enough.

Archived