IGNORED

Li'l B on the Coachella lineup

eh Speedy

I donjt get lil b and i don't get coachella right now.

i am so fucking confused.

why does he matter?

who the fuck is he?

"brilliantly warped, post-Lil-Wayne deconstructionist from the Bay Area."

what the FUCK?

lol where did you get that quote from about the deconstructionist? I would pay money to see someone try to explain deconstructionism to Lilb.

wiki lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_B

Slate columnist Jonah Weiner labeled him as one of a growing number of "weird-o" rappers, calling him a "brilliantly warped, post-Lil-Wayne deconstructionist from the Bay Area."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow cool, i want to see this guy play in his home town though, that shit's going to be surreal as fuck, and not literally because of his raps because i literally cannot imagine him performing to any kind of hip hop audience in oakland, california

He did a show in Oakland before.

i know thats what people keep telling me, however i've never seen anything promotional for him out in Oakland. I heard of him in Uk electronic music magazine before i heard of him in my home town. pretty weird!

still waiting to see a show of his, if the LIl b fans here are keeping up please let me know next time he plays in oakland.

to be more positive like our God, being negative hurts no one but yourself. Let's get out of this internet trap, guys.

hmmm, these later higher production value videos shed some light on the probably unintentional amateur aspects of Lil B's earlier music.

He looses a lot of his intentional/unintentional appeal when it more closely resembles commercial rap music, like in this track.

for instance the 'in the red' recording quality of the hooting vocals makes this song for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k8YGdGL87w&feature=related

if not for the digital clipping on those hoots and the extremely low decibel level of the background music this song would not be fun to listen to

meaning if it was actually produced to sound radio ready the song would *probably be absolutely terrible.

I donjt get lil b and i don't get coachella right now.

i am so fucking confused.

why does he matter?

who the fuck is he?

"brilliantly warped, post-Lil-Wayne deconstructionist from the Bay Area."

what the FUCK?

lol where did you get that quote from about the deconstructionist? I would pay money to see someone try to explain deconstructionism to Lilb.

wiki lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_B

Slate columnist Jonah Weiner labeled him as one of a growing number of "weird-o" rappers, calling him a "brilliantly warped, post-Lil-Wayne deconstructionist from the Bay Area."

that is a fucking straight up academiLOL

although I suppose I should have expected it from a music critic - as neither deconstruction nor music critics provide any real value.

Archived