IGNORED

NYC Smoking Ban

Guest EDGEY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people should at least be able to smoke in bars for gods sake. have both smoking bars and non smoking bars, then everyones happy. banning that shit outdoors is too much. i know we're all becoming more health conscious as a society, but come on, getting a whiff of someones cigarette smoke while walking down the street is not the end of the world.

BAN FAT PEOPLE

Guest hahathhat

i smoke about a pack of cigarettes a year, probably less. mostly they're good when you're drinking with friends, which is why it's stupid to ban them in bars. sometimes i take them in the car if i know i'm going to get stuck in traffic, or it's a long drive. other times the mood just hits me.

can't understand how anyone could get addicted to them. they're too shit.

i smoke about a pack of cigarettes a year, probably less. mostly they're good when you're drinking with friends, which is why it's stupid to ban them in bars. sometimes i take them in the car if i know i'm going to get stuck in traffic, or it's a long drive. other times the mood just hits me.

can't understand how anyone could get addicted to them. they're too shit.

completely agree... i mostly use them for spliffs to make them burn easier, and to avoid having to have a pipe to carry around/use more weed then I need.

Guest hahathhat

i tried doing spliffs for a bit, and it just makes the weed taste like a cigarette. and it makes my head spin, since i'm inhaling deeper and holding it longer. fuck spliffs!

I have no worries about the problems associated with smoking. If it's gonna happen then so be it. I'd prefer to be know that I'm going so I can knock myself off than live with dementia and become a pain on the rest of my family. Not a nice way of thinking I know, but fuck it. After the abuse I've put myself through I know it's not gonna be a pretty late life existence. Fuck the pension. I'm not gonna need one!

Presumably you are under 40 though. You hear people talking like this less and less as they get older!

i tried doing spliffs for a bit, and it just makes the weed taste like a cigarette. and it makes my head spin, since i'm inhaling deeper and holding it longer. fuck spliffs!

you gotta get some better tobaccy my friend... im pretty sure this one smoke shop mixes bali shag with their imported stuff... but regardless that kind of stuff tastes delicious compared to stuff you find at gas stations

Guest ezkerraldean

smoking gets loads of unnecessary hate. if you actually enjoy smoking then why not? and all these wankers who hate on people standing outside having a fag because oh no you might have to walk past and smell their smoke!, well they're probably killing themselves slowly with McDonalds cholesterol and Starbucks sugar anyway. it's all a load o' bollocks. I've never smoked a single fag in my life but I stand up for smokers

Guest Ranky Redlof

LIVING CAUSES DEATH

BAN LIVING

those anti smoke fags should not be permitted to drive a car

fucking hypocrites

the thing. some people can smoke very little and it's all roses, but most people get addicted. plenty of people want to quit but can't just do it. i hear it's up their with heroin, trying to quit the stuff. i smoked for a number of years and was able to quit thanks to smoking aids. it got to the point i didn't enjoy it but my body wanted it. it's a pretty ridiculous hobby but like what has been said, the government makes money from it so why should they care. the banning thing, i'm not quite sure the motive of that.

i quit years ago. I was a pack a day American spirit. They take work to burn up too. I quit cause I hated being controlled by an addiction. I also wanted to be healthy and not look embalmed by the time im 40. Death wasnt the main issue as death can come to anyone at anytime

"You ever tried quitting? Yea that's the hardest. I got a plan though, my plan is: I'll lose one lung. And then I'll lose the other. See? *inhales*"

I have no worries about the problems associated with smoking. If it's gonna happen then so be it. I'd prefer to be know that I'm going so I can knock myself off than live with dementia and become a pain on the rest of my family. Not a nice way of thinking I know, but fuck it. After the abuse I've put myself through I know it's not gonna be a pretty late life existence. Fuck the pension. I'm not gonna need one!

Presumably you are under 40 though. You hear people talking like this less and less as they get older!

You're probably right there. When kiddies come I'm pretty sure my outlook will change. For now I only buy 1 12.5g pack of Golden V a week at most (for drinking).

My nan lived till 84 when she had a heart attack. She smoked her whole life. Then My mate's mum died of breast cancer at 47 and she never touched a smoke in her life. Shit can happen to the best, most cautious of us.

the smoking ban has led to an interesting cultural subphenomenon here - heading outside for a smoke is a great place to pick up girls. straight off the bat you have something in common.

This, has been like this in Norway for a long time. It's a great way to strike up conversation with random people. Always bring a lighter and you can be the guy everyone's asking for - lol.

Archived