IGNORED

baby on the way today

jules

wow this is pure insanity. it's a lot different at home with no nurse button. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

is your wife feeding him? breast feeding is a gift to mankind. i have no breasts therefore i sleep.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hold him a lot now but I still have free time, I am posting on watmm after all. the wife has a ton if work to do because she has to feed him every two hours during the day and sometimes it takes 45 minutes or so for him to eat. that gives her 1 free hour and then 1 busy hour all day.

at night he feeds every 3-4 hours so I try to walk him around if he is fussy and try to get him to pass out. last night we watched godfather and taxi driver together. tonight if he gets fussy I'm going to make him a tiny cucumber martini in a sippy cup and we will share a cigar in the sunroom, look at the stars and I'll tell him all about ae, the importance of rhythm and beats in your life and see what his thoughts on the new radiohead are.

Belated congratulations jules. By becoming a Dad I suppose you kind of grew another limb... :beer:

I see what you did there... :beer:

tonight if he gets fussy I'm going to make him a tiny cucumber martini in a sippy cup and we will share a cigar in the sunroom, look at the stars and I'll tell him all about ae, the importance of rhythm and beats in your life and see what his thoughts on the new radiohead are.

lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Iain C

it's a remarkably hairy baby. i hate to worry you but you should get him checked out. rub him all over with an ingot of silver. if he starts crying then he's definitely a werewolf.

all babbies are covered in hair in the womb. all/alot of that hair could fall out and be replaced. my daughter had a full head of dark hair when she was born which completely fell out, now she is blond.

What most of us don’t know is that, not only are we not entirely hairless as adults, we are not even naked in the womb. About four months into a normal nine-month pregnancy, when the fetus is about 5.3 inches (135 mm) long and weighs about 6 ounces (170 g), it grows a moustache! Fine hair forms on the upper lip. Gradually, over the next month or so, this fine hair spreads to eventually cover the entire body! The unborn baby remains completely hairy for many weeks.

This soft, hairy coat is called lanugo. The word is from the Latin lan and means “wooly down”. This hair suit is shed before or soon after birth. Each hair of the lanugo is shed one by one and is then swallowed by the baby. The tiny hairs join mucus, bile, and other products to form a black substance called meconium. Just after birth, this meconium is excreted by the newborn in its first bowel movement. One must admit that this is a rather interesting way of ridding ourselves of our first unwanted clothes!

After we shed our lanugo, most of us are born with hair only on our head, eyebrows, and eyelashes. This fine, non-pigmented hair of infancy is called vellus. “Vellus” is from Latin and means “fleece”. As we mature, the body replaces vellus with coarser, pigmented hair called terminal hair. Terminal hair is our true adult body hair - our only natural body clothes we carry through life. Nature leaves us almost naked. Our hair is not nearly enough to keep us warm in all weather so we wear artificial clothes. Thus we are the nearly naked ape.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I believe lanugo is white or colourless and looks basically like your normal bumfluff vellus hair?

i think you're right but the head hair is more like normal hair and can be dark. obviously it varies with different ethnicities. there was an asian baby in the bed next to us in the hospital that had thick black hair all over its forehead, arms and body. my daughter had light peachfuzz on her cheeks and shoulders for the first few days which all fell out thankfully. i was slightly worried for a minute!

their eyes get lighter after the first couple of weeks too.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Come to think of it I remember seeing photos of my cousin just being born with dark hair on top of her ears, thank god for medical science because I would have drowned that fucker.

Archived