IGNORED

The Black Dog - Liber Dogma

eh Speedy

Bar the artwork, this sounds interesting.

I like that they're trying to contrast the last few lp's they released... I just hope it ends up feeling just as fresh.

Pretty weird that they're announcing this so early, without any samples and only showcasing some very bland non-descript artwork :shrug:

Dust wank fo' the bank. i'd avoid. :)

<i>focusing on raw and rhythmic sounds made for the dancefloor</i>

=

ancestral

=

the Shamen? and loads of other shit, too.

Sound lads.

lol

Despite the fact that its coming out on Soma.

Unless you're speaking about the lads themselves, which make your comment redundant.

Please say something of actual use or fuck off.

I'm hardly the biggest fanboi on here, but I've been impressed that they've been so prolific over the past few years while keeping up a high standard without repeating themselves. So I'll be picking this up, just a pain in the arse it's been announced so ridiculously far in advance.

Despite the fact that its coming out on Soma.

Unless you're speaking about the lads themselves, which make your comment redundant.

Please say something of actual use or fuck off.

lol. you have a lot to learn, chavvis. use this: release will be wack. end of.

I'm hardly the biggest fanboi on here, but I've been impressed that they've been so prolific over the past few years while keeping up a high standard without repeating themselves. So I'll be picking this up, just a pain in the arse it's been announced so ridiculously far in advance.

it's to hype the shit up, innit. n'cause debate. this very thing here , which will thankfully dissapear in a couple of days! etc. etc. etc.

bring on the next load of bollocks. rinse it while you can, i say!

it's to hype the shit up, innit. n'cause debate. this very thing here , which will thankfully dissapear in a couple of days! etc. etc. etc.

In that case I think you've actually become their best marketing tool.

In that case I think you've actually become their best marketing tool.

seen. i hold all the power. you think i don't i know mate!.. lol ;)

just kidding... i like to kid.. :)

i hope it's a good album! and let's just hope Jesus Christ doesn't actually come back on May 21st to supposedly judge us all! lol

'cos, well, then there'd be no album in October!! and i'd be really sad. having died before i'd heard the album..

even though i haven't actually bought anything by tBd since 2008 when they began to (dunno if "began" is the right word?, but.. hell) SUCK! :)

Guest ruiagnelo
“This album is about surrendering to hypnotic, physical music played loud in big, dark rooms. We always wanted to make an album that reflects the kind of set we play live, and that’s what we’ve done with Liber Dogma. It’s all about red lights, a smoke machine, a single strobe, a Funktion One soundsystem… and The Black Dog. We’ve played all over the world and we’ve brought that vibe back to our lab. Forget the fancy lighting, the indoor scarves, the hair do’s and the hair don’ts – fuck all of that. Music is about losing yourself and having a good time with friends and that’s what this album will help you do.”

only came across this on their page now.

with previous releases like Further Vexations or Music for Real Aiports they had ideas in mind, strong ones actually, they wanted to get somewhere, but this new approach doesn't seem to have any content at all. And the artwork sure isn't helping. I might be wrong tho, need to wait for it.

• 6 months later...
Guest Greg Reason

Maybe because it's a fucking triple LP and it would cost a mint to get pressed in such a small run

Surely now that your favourite band has released their long-awaited new album you can set aside your hatred for The Black Dog and leave their threads to people who actually like them??

Maybe because it's a fucking triple LP and it would cost a mint to get pressed in such a small run

Surely now that your favourite band has released their long-awaited new album you can set aside your hatred for The Black Dog and leave their threads to people who actually like them??

lol. wut? steady on! i was only asking! sheesh.

so it's £40 for the 3 parts? i thought from what chas was saying that it was gonna be £40 for one of them... which is ridiculously expensive, obviously.

and fyi i do like some recent Black Dog, i've said that many times before. and i think Downie is a great man (also said that before aswell) but all you focus on is the so-called "hatred" (it's just dislike, really) for certain things about them and their recent output. shame on you.

also, fyi, Plaid are not my favourite band. man you do assume a lot don't you Greg!

you have no idea what i like, what i don't like, and why...

you're talking pish mate.

Yeah man I just don't think there's much we can do other than have tolerance and patience, like having a shit neighbor.

Archived