IGNORED

Rendlesham Incident UFO files "missing" from National Archives

BCM

Guest ezkerraldean

this is not science. Their methodology is wrong. I recently stumbled upon this aphorism by Deleuze: "the job of the philosopher [and the scientist(?)] is to make concepts, the job of the artist is to make percepts.". They made percepts, so i suppose they are artists of some kind. But one could retort : "but it was a social experiment !". Yes and no. They do mention that they're conducting a social expriment (we wondered if that amount of gullibility could be found in our upper-middle class hometown ) but their hypothesis is based on the belief/intuition that UFOs are not UFOs. And their conclusion concerns the ontic value (exist/don't exist) of UFOs. And you can't prove something doesn't exist by making a fake version of it, even if you "believe it does"

who cares if it's science or not. they exposed gullible cretins to be just that. they win

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

given all the amazing shows that nature puts for us, I don't see any reason to ever jump to the conclusion that anything you ever see is of extraterrestrial intelligence origin.

if they do exist, i stand by stephen hawking's theory...

that if they are watching us, its a sideshow.

when we discover a new animal, do we ever try to reason with it, or are we more likely to destroy its habitat and manipulate it for our benefit?

Guest Babar

given all the amazing shows that nature puts for us, I don't see any reason to ever jump to the conclusion that anything you ever see is of extraterrestrial intelligence origin.

do you see any reason not to trust very high ranked people from the arms(nukes) and space(spaceships) industries ? high ranked like they receive direct orders (level 2 in the hierarchy) from space agencies directors ?

and @ezkerraldean : yes it was cool making fun of some ufologists. But these people occupy the space left by scientist (if some ufo'd drop some very special piece of rock at your feets, would you take the risk to study it publicly ? as a geologist ?). What wasn't cool about these guys was the way they drew false (and out-of-field) conclusions about their experiments.

I don't know them, i don't see why i should trust them, and i have no idea what are you referring to anyway. if they make some amazing claim then i'd wait for more people to confirm their claims, this is the usual way a sane person handles hard to believe information. and this isn't limited to UFOs.

also, i find the notion that the aliens are interested in our nukes quite ridiculous, i mean these are beings have mastered interstellar travel, so they have access to much more powerful technology, i'm sure our nukes to them would seem like steam power to us.

Guest Babar

I don't know them, i don't see why i should trust them, and i have no idea what are you referring to anyway. if they make some amazing claim then i'd wait for more people to confirm their claims, this is the usual way a sane person handles hard to believe information. and this isn't limited to UFOs.

I'm referring to Peter Cuntfuck. (see my first post in this topic. Or the second one). They don't have any claim to make i guess. They have HUUGE suspicions about the sightings that remain unexplained (ultra advanced technology that disables nukes). They think they're extraterrestrial but have no definite proofs (just like bounias works about the trans en provence case). Also the people involved in these circles are either "soldiers" or space engineers : they're not independent. Consequently a disclosure would require the president's goahead (this is bad for elections and for plenty of other reasons).

also, i find the notion that the aliens are interested in our nukes quite ridiculous, i mean these are beings have mastered interstellar travel, so they have access to much more powerful technology, i'm sure our nukes to them would seem like steam power to us.

nukes are still nukes to our environment. They aren't trying to steal it. They want to prevent earth from a nuclear war (that was part of fermi's thoughts about the matter anyway).

and what about the gemini transcriptions ?

Elephant_boxer.gif

Guest ezkerraldean

and @ezkerraldean : yes it was cool making fun of some ufologists. But these people occupy the space left by scientist (if some ufo'd drop some very special piece of rock at your feets, would you take the risk to study it publicly ? as a geologist ?).

of course i would innit. in fact, my dissertation was pretty much precisely that lol

there is no big scientist conspiracy like you're implying (if there was, i would have been initiated into it by now lol)

although I have read and watched tons of material regarding UFOs, every time this matter is brought into subject, I feel both overwhelmed and confused, as I can't see beyond all the dense fog. Companies of scientists taking sides, obvious fake sightings, YouTube, detailed testimonies of high-ranked, respected people (Admiral Byrd's diary is a perfect example), various governments vigorously and repeatedly denying (possibility of) a real contact, or testimonies from the likes of Buzz Aldrin, all these (and many many more) have taken a shape of war, in my mind. i can only come to the conclusion that i will never find out the truth.

you-were-born-too-soon-15269-1284379014-8.jpg

also i'm curious if you maniacs (babar) know about the existence of this website http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/

don't get baffled by the name, it hosts some important serious shit, as you will see for yourself if you have THE patience

Guest ezkerraldean

also i'm curious if you maniacs (babar) know about the existence of this website http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/

don't get baffled by the name, it hosts some important serious shit, as you will see for yourself if you have THE patience

oh fuck please don't tell me you give shit like that your time

e.g. here, omg bumps on the seafloor in perfectly straight lines! they're processing artefacts. i've done geophysics data manipulation before, you get all sorts of "smiles", "fishtails" and other features in your data that do not reflect real structures at all and are purely the result of wavepath geometry. these bumps and lines on the seafloor are examples of that. the lines they follow most likely correspond to the paths taken by the seismo ships that recorded the bathymetry in those areas. no bullshit there whatsoever. i know precisely what these things are since i've produced them myself

fucking uneducated crackpots. infuriates me

Guest Babar

@ezkerraldean

i wasn't talking about his kind of UFO

bolide.jpg

i rather meant

flying-saucer.jpg

Would you do it ? Would you say a flying saucer dropped a rock just a few meters away from you ? And try to get something published about it ? Imo this is career-suicide nobody would believe you. There is no conspiracy, there is a doxa, just like in every field, science, arts you name it.

@huzur

i'm not this thread's maniac ! impotentwhitecapitalist is. I'm just vehement, that's how i troll.

about your site : i found something interesting:

2-198-context-cose.jpg

don't pay attention to the daemon head, this is not interesting. it's all about the central '?'.

Also i think you can't venture into an argument about UFOs without knowing the basics of

Cognitive dissonance

and more specifically Effort Justification

it basically says the longer an argument about UFOs last the less you have chances to convince your opponent. so he are my last rocks.

I've seen only ONE documentary about UFOs that had been properly directed : no reconstitutions, no random witness, no Roger Moore, only officials and scientists, logical consistency from beginning to end, made by people who are unfamiliar with the matter (they usually shoot docs about prostitution, that kind of stuff) and more importantly no use of the word extraterrestrial:unfortunately it's all in french :proud:

My cousin became a believer upon seeing it (as well as some other guy i used to know).

*throws last rock in the distance*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnkQVKBR60&playnext=1&list=PLA01655926B39686A

edit: and i'm a believer, we all are.

edit 2 : and one last ufo for the beauty of it (shot in barcelone by a professional photograph/cameran. I think the guy who talks is a cgi/hoax expert that works for our nasa).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM4xnFMq8Go

edit 3 : this is a timelapse stuff of course

when the truck goes pas the ufo (38sec) suddenly changes position cos they had to redo the tracking point

you can see why the guy can't get a job at Lucasarts

I suppose the digital age makes anything unbelievable but that nasa shit is spooky unless they were secret spy satellite's they new were there but shouldn't be talking about

where's ET when you need him?

Guest ezkerraldean

Would you do it ? Would you say a flying saucer dropped a rock just a few meters away from you ? And try to get something published about it ? Imo this is career-suicide nobody would believe you. There is no conspiracy, there is a doxa, just like in every field, science, arts you name it.

not career suicide at all. you've have the rock for proof innit, anyone could verify shit

@huzur

i'm not this thread's maniac ! impotentwhitecapitalist is. I'm just vehement, that's how i troll.

about your site : i found something interesting:

2-198-context-cose.jpg

don't pay attention to the daemon head, this is not interesting. it's all about the central '?'.

there's nothing unusual about that photo whatsoever. i could take a picture of a dog turd in the street and put little red arrows pointing to all the darker shadowy bits and claim it's been doctored.

Guest ezkerraldean

edit 2 : and one last ufo for the beauty of it (shot in barcelone by a professional photograph/cameran. I think the guy who talks is a cgi/hoax expert that works for our nasa).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM4xnFMq8Go

edit 3 : this is a timelapse stuff of course

sure it's interesting, and probably genuine. not sure what it is, but why the whole sinister aura around it? there's no need for conspiracy whatsoever.

Guest ezkerraldean

there's nothing unusual about that photo whatsoever. i could take a picture of a dog turd in the street and put little red arrows pointing to all the darker shadowy bits and claim it's been doctored.

thus:

image.jpg

Guest Babar

not career suicide at all. you've have the rock for proof innit, anyone could verify shit

the rock was just a common rock from your area. you die in horrible pain

*********G A M E O V E R************

points 234

your rank: lost miner

shit ! you kidding me ! i can clearly see a pen0r under the central '?'. PROOF PROUF PLOUF

sure it's interesting, and probably genuine. not sure what it is, but why the whole sinister aura around it? there's no need for conspiracy whatsoever.

what sinister aura ? you mean the music ? what conspiracy ? We don't have conspiracists(lol) (we do have a few racists though) 'round here. Just the usual military secret stuff. Oh. And Mitterand(President-2) (illegal phone tapping), Chirac(P-1) (he's currently in trial for having created fake jobs), +Sarkozy(P0) and Balladur(wannabe P-1) sold arms to Pakistan and put a little money under the table for the elections. Everything's fine !

what with that moon thing? it's a thing that appears to be moving but actually isn't. it looks weird sure, could easily be an antena.

or just a plane and an optical illusion. just like that mystery rocket launch a few months ago. amaelie.fr/public/ovni_raphael­­_aupy/OVNI_Raphael_Aupy.pdf

Guest Babar

what with that moon thing? it's a thing that appears to be moving but actually isn't. it looks weird sure, could easily be an antena.

or just a plane and an optical illusion. just like that mystery rocket launch a few months ago. amaelie.fr/public/ovni_raphael­­_aupy/OVNI_Raphael_Aupy.pdf

quality. i have a few questions. tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

Archived