IGNORED

Burial - Street Halo

Guest Archrival

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i prefer this, i think. i know that melody isn't reeeeealllly what burial's about, but this bassline is the most melodic i've heard from him. and i think i just heard a sorta confirmation of a new burial album this year

ohhhhhhhhhhhh kode you cunt. you killed it. such a tease

He was laughing when he said he didn't know, and that nothing was finished. I'd be surprised if it didn't come out this year, but at least we have this in the meanwhile

i cannot fucking wait til monday. omg woodblocks snares blah blah... i love hearing a developent in mr. bevan's sound. there's the rnb pitched shit and the woodblocks, but fuck those 40-ish seconds of that second track were like brian eno wanders into burial's music-making process.

:pedobear:

fuck those 40-ish seconds of that second track were like brian eno wanders into burial's music-making process.

LOL! Hopefully it'll grow on you. Stolen Dog is the second track on side B after NYC. Maybe that enoesque moment will fit right in.

I think i'll be buying on the weekend. Hopefully places will still have it by then. It'll be getting a lot of play here. Both tracks played tonight were awesome. Definately feeling street halo more out of the two, not much in it though. Nice to hear it slowed down even more.

fuck those 40-ish seconds of that second track were like brian eno wanders into burial's music-making process.

LOL! Hopefully it'll grow on you. Stolen Dog is the second track on side B after NYC. Maybe that enoesque moment will fit right in.

you might be misunderstanding me... eno. is. god.

that is possibly the most beautiful 40 seconds of music i've heard this year - and i suspect when i sober up tomorrow morning i'll probably still feel the same way. there was a melodicism there that i've never heard from mr. bevan before. i want to eat it.

edit: kode is a kunt, and i have no doubt that he's reading internet responses now and chuckling.

you might be misunderstanding me... eno. is. god.

that is possibly the most beautiful 40 seconds of music i've heard this year - and i suspect when i sober up tomorrow morning i'll probably still feel the same way. there was a melodicism there that i've never heard from mr. bevan before. i want to eat it.

edit: kode is a kunt, and i have no doubt that he's reading internet responses now and chuckling.

OHHH.. Gotcha. I misinterpreted your use of "fuck". LOL I hear ya.

I loved this track the first time I heard it, but listening again it's really starting to hit me. Shit just got real for me here. I'll be buying backups of this and hiding them away, like I do for all great vinyl releases. This one is going to be special.

I absolutely love this melody.

Guest 2cb kid

am i the only one thinking that he finally jumped from soundforge onto something more progressive - because beats sound real flat, like he uses patterns and not placing beats by his ear :cerious: kinda like if compare beats from "Etched Headplate" with this tunes you can see the difference.. maybe this is the reason of album delay...

Guest Enter a new display name

am i the only one thinking that he finally jumped from soundforge onto something more progressive - because beats sound real flat, like he uses patterns and not placing beats by his ear :cerious: kinda like if compare beats from "Etched Headplate" with this tunes you can see the difference.. maybe this is the reason of album delay...

Group: Members

Interests: listening to afx since 11 yo. nice

well, 'unite' off the box of dub compilation was made with a proper DAW

but you might be right to a degree. this stuff is definitely not as rigid as unite, but he could have bounced back and forth.

edit: totally worth staying up for. stolen dog > street halo but only by the tiniest margin.

edit: also yay for more free shitty vinyl rips. hey bleep, I'll pay for digital releases. thanks.

Shit, I think I must've replied this same sentiment in a half dozen new releases threads by now. It's 2011 ffs, stop releasing stuff vinyl-only, it smacks of pretentiousness. I'd gladly pay a reasonable price for a quality digital download but fuck it to paying collectible fanboy wank prices for some limited edition vinyl.

I've got nothing against the vinyl fetishists here, though perhaps a rant thread pointing out the stupidity of this practice is in order. :trashbear:

Comes out on digital on Hyperdub's website Monday. The vinyl is not limited either, and it's a reasonable price for 20 minutes of music if you're so inclined, and if the music suits you of course.

Archived