IGNORED

Burial - Street Halo

Guest Archrival

how is the quality?

Pretty good

i think it was ripped a little loud. a few crackles too, but complaining about that on a burial release is kinda redundant :emotawesomepm9:

still, pretty good rip, and amazing music. i like they're a little bit longer than his usual tracks, gives the tracks room to breathe.

Not heard the rip, but I did get my copy today. I think it's a bad press. The A side in particular is pressed insanely loud and distorts like crazy. Lots of surface noise too. The B side is generally fine though. I think the engineer just tried to drive volumes too high and it killed the press.

Hard to believe they can't press a record properly in this day. My main interest lies in the B side, but still that's upsetting. Street Halo is a quality track, and would get a lot of play in clubs I would imagine. I'll have to hear side A for myself on my rig. Maybe yours is just a bad press?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an entire album this beautiful is going to be the end of me. burial is beyond compare

Even if it's only AS good as Untrue, it will own me for quite a while. If it's better? I may quit my job and start shooting heroin.

Hard to believe they can't press a record properly in this day. My main interest lies in the B side, but still that's upsetting. Street Halo is a quality track, and would get a lot of play in clubs I would imagine. I'll have to hear side A for myself on my rig. Maybe yours is just a bad press?

Possible, but I doubt it. I'm 90% sure the engineer just tried to cut it too loud and it has distorted as a result. Either that or the original wavform was brickwalled/distorted in the first place. Either way, it doesn't sound too great to be honest.

Oh well, digital files next week at least.

Possible, but I doubt it. I'm 90% sure the engineer just tried to cut it too loud and it has distorted as a result. Either that or the original wavform was brickwalled/distorted in the first place. Either way, it doesn't sound too great to be honest.

But the B side sounds ok?

But the B side sounds ok?

B side is fine. Still a little more surface noise than usual (not just on the tunes, but also the run-in/out) but not as noticable as the A side.

Guest Archrival

I dont think its like that. Atleast I think Hyperdub listen to a test press before they go all out (heard about some troubles with TCH EP, but I heard two opinions there, positive and negative). I think that is the way it supposed to sound.

Lets go for the digital download on monday.

Now that I've had the weekend to listen to this, I still stand by my initial impressions that NYC is the best track, and this is a great ep. Hungry for more.

On a side note I hate RNB and yet love burials use of vocals.

Now that I've had the weekend to listen to this, I still stand by my initial impressions that NYC is the best track, and this is a great ep. Hungry for more.

On a side note I hate RNB and yet love burials use of vocals.

+1 I agree with NYC

I think if I was Burial, track wise, I'd have NYC after Stolen Dog, I think they flow better that way.

Archived